The subtitle of this forum is "The card meanings and symbolism, and the many ways of reading Tarot cards."
Using Tarot Cards
is meant to be a place where members can:
- Explore card meanings and combinations in depth:
- Specific meanings of individual cards* or general meanings of groups of cards
- Card symbolism
- How to read the courts
- Year cards, Soul cards, Personality cards
- Linking Majors to Minors
- Explore layers of meaning that can be added to readings:
- Elemental Dignities
- Kabbalistic overlays (For discussions on Kabbalah, please go to the Kabballah Forum)
- Discuss and exchange ideas and methods around the mechanics of reading:
*-Questions regarding any of the following should be posted in the Talking Tarot
- Cutting the deck
- Choosing cards
- Laying out the cards
* - If you would like to discuss a card from a specific deck, you'll get better answers by going to one of the following forums which specialize in particular decks:
For questions on cards from a Marseilles-style
deck click here
For questions on cards from the Rider-Waite
deck click here
For questions on cards from the Thoth/Crowley
deck click here
For questions on cards from other decks, check out the Tarot Study Groups forum (click here)
Asking About Cards From A Reading OR Asking About Card Interpretations--UTC Requirements
: You may ask for help with half or less
of the cards from any one reading. This includes readings done for you by an outside reader, but not readings done for you by another Aeclectic Tarot Member. Alternately, you can also ask for help on cards that keep appearing in readings (repeating cards). You may not, in a single post, ask about both. To repeat, in a post about the meaning of cards from a reading, you may ask about the meaning of:
(1) Half or less cards from a single, specific reading
(NOTE: Please specify that these card ARE from a larger reading
by prefacing your question with something like: "These cards have been giving me trouble. They are from a larger reading," or "These two cards were from a ten card reading" or "This card was in the position of outcome card" or "This card and it's clarifier turned up in the position of "Hopes and fears" in a Celtic Cross..." If you do not make it clear that the cards you want help on are from a larger reading, the moderators might mistakenly think you've posted a full reading.)
(2) A question about repeating cards that have turned up in many readings.
Interpretation and Feedback Required
: When asking about cards from any reading or when asking for help with "what cards mean" type questions, you must: (1) include your own interpretations for all cards you list, including clarifiers or cards that fell out of the deck; if you name them, you MUST interpret them.
(2) You must give feedback to everyone who posts in the thread offering help. This feedback should be as detailed and responsive as the post you are replying to; "Thanks for the help" is not
feedback. For more detail see this post
in Your Readings as the expectations are the same there as in Using Tarot Cards.
If the reading was done by you,
and you want to explore more than half of the cards in your reading then you'll need to post in Your Readings, which is where complete readings (including one card readings) should be posted.
One thread per reading
: If you start a thread asking about more cards from a reading that you already asked about in another thread we will close the new thread.
If you have any questions, please post in this thread
or contact one of the Using Tarot Cards Moderators.
rwcarter and Thirteen