Dream clarification spread!

earthbride

Hey guys!

I had a very weird and vivid dream last night. I "ran away" from home by walking and walking and walking. Then I met a strange person who I was familiar with, but I do not know the person in real life. I was in a disguise, so he did not recognize me. We walked together, and then I found my old car parked in a parking lot. I opened the back door to retrieve my keys, and this removed my disguise. He now saw who I was, and I was no longer wanting to hide or run away. I felt overcome by emotion and I hugged him tightly. The feeling that overwhelmed me still lingers with me. I don't know who this person is and I want to find out.

I have the Shadowscapes Tarot.

I did a simple 'dream interpretation' spread I found online (here: http://tarotelements.com/6481/dream-interpretation-spread/)

0. past event: knight of pentacles
1. overall theme: the devil
2. what is blocking the message: three of wands
3. what is the message: three of pentacles (clarifier: six of cups)
4. lesson to be learned: nine of wands

I did another one-card spread specifically about the man in my dreams. I drew the six of cups again.

I interpreted the past event as routine and mundane-ness. I don't really see how that has to do with my dream, maybe this is an escape from that? Overall theme I interpreted as negativity that tricks me into thinking I'm powerless. That kind of matches me. The block of the message kind of stumps me. That I have a long journey ahead? I should expand my horizons? It kind of matches the long walk I had in my dream. I was just walking and walking and walking. The message seems to be about teamwork and collaboration, but the clarifier points toward nostalgia and childlike longing. This is what truly stumps me, because I don't really see how this can tie into the teamwork and collaboration? And the final lesson seems to tell me I shouldn't give up, that I should persist.

Any ideas would be super appreciated! Seeing examples of these cards applied to my dream may help me learn to be a little more flexible with my reading. I'm having difficulty matching my cards with the situation.

merissa_88

Since there is no "person" position in the layout, could he be the Knight (a past event involving this person?)

Just wanted to go for the obvious first.

earthbride

Since there is no "person" position in the layout, could he be the Knight (a past event involving this person?)

Just wanted to go for the obvious first.

I feel REALLY dumb for not coming to this first. Of course! There I go taking cards too literally again. I am always so focused on the energies of a card, that I forget court cards can sometimes signify people! Thank you for this. It will give me something to think about. If my one-card spread asking who the person was, was the Six of Cups, then maybe this represents someone from my childhood? Or simply somebody nostalgic.

tarotmka

I'm going to go out on a limb here. Often the people in our dreams are aspects of ourselves.

You ran away from home (yourself). You met a part of yourself, but were disguised. Your old car could also represent how you move through life. Given it was old, this might be something in the past. You entered through the back door (again, the past... also not honest or straightforward). Finding the key removed the disguise (hiding from yourself).

So, what is the key to removing your disguise (deception)? The key was in your old car.

Is this you in the past? Stubborn, persistant maybe?
Deception.
You're looking outside of yourself.
You need to work with yourself. Six of Cups emphasizes the past to me. Maybe you need to integrate or work with a part of who you used to be?
Similar to the Knight of Pentacles, maybe the lesson has something to do with persistence?

I'm totally off on a tangent, just exploring possibilities. Please ignore this if it's not helpful.

earthbride

I'm going to go out on a limb here. Often the people in our dreams are aspects of ourselves.

You ran away from home (yourself). You met a part of yourself, but were disguised. Your old car could also represent how you move through life. Given it was old, this might be something in the past. You entered through the back door (again, the past... also not honest or straightforward). Finding the key removed the disguise (hiding from yourself).

So, what is the key to removing your disguise (deception)? The key was in your old car.

Is this you in the past? Stubborn, persistant maybe?
Deception.
You're looking outside of yourself.
You need to work with yourself. Six of Cups emphasizes the past to me. Maybe you need to integrate or work with a part of who you used to be?
Similar to the Knight of Pentacles, maybe the lesson has something to do with persistence?

I'm totally off on a tangent, just exploring possibilities. Please ignore this if it's not helpful.

I'm at work right now, so I generally have to disguise my reactions to things I read online but my jaw just hung open for this.

Your insight is so deep and it makes SO much sense. Especially the 'back door' part, I never considered that. AND THE KEYS. Unlocking a disguise. That seems so obvious but I never thought of it.

I'm still only a beginner but I feel like I need to broaden my expectations and keep an even more open mind when reading, or analyzing anything for that matter. I really like how you made the Three of Pentacles out to be looking outside of myself and the Six of Cups means I should look into who I used to be. Very, very insightful! Thank you!

tarotmka

Oh good, I'm glad. I was hoping I wasn't way off and going to offend you. :) There is a book called "Cloud Nine" that I've used for about 20+ years and I love interpreting dreams.