The Ten of Swords in the Anna K.

ana luisa

We've been discussing the Anna K. Tarot (one of my to go decks), and it just occurred to me (can't believe I hadn't noticed it before) that there is in the 10 of Swords card an "inconsistency" that certainly has a meaning to it. Here's the card:

http://www.annak-tarot.at/Anna_Englisch/arkana_kl_e/swords_e/swords10_e.html

The guy survived the wounds, got up and is moving on regardless. However, how could he have gotten up and left the swords still standing up, vertically on the snow, over the blood stain ? Did he place them back in the snow, or are the swords just reflections of experiences he had that have no concrete , solid shape and cannot be "handled" as such ? I would really love to hear how you guys could interpret this ...

nisaba

I see this image two different ways simultaneously.

He stood up forcibly through the stationery blades, ripping his way to an upright stance.

And it is his spirit that walks away between the hills, leaving his unimportant (and therefore invisible) body lying on the bloodstain in the show.

ana luisa

I see this image two different ways simultaneously.

He stood up forcibly through the stationery blades, ripping his way to an upright stance.

And it is his spirit that walks away between the hills, leaving his unimportant (and therefore invisible) body lying on the bloodstain in the show.

Thank you so much for the insight, nisaba :) I really liked the second take. In fact, it can explain the first. Spirits have no solid matter. And as a spirit, he won't need "true" swords to fight; they'll be useless. So many layers...
Thank you again ! :thumbsup:

nisaba

<smile>

I like the fact that I'll never know how this was meant to be interpreted (or even if it was a "mistake").

Wintergreen

I see it as though he transcended what was a killing wound. You can't forget something that has gone so wrong and hurt you this badly, but you can go on despite it, changed, traumatized even, but moving forward.

The first time I saw this card, I had a flashback to the moment when someone close to me died. It was shocking and indescribably painful, physically and psychically, and I was wounded to the core, but there was of course not a mark on me. Even though that moment literally took my breath away, I had no choice but to leave it behind me in time.

kellyshay

I see this card as he has survived from all the things that has hurt him. Even though he is wounded badly, but this will be the end of it. His wound will heal one day and leave a scar that will remind him of how the scars got there the first time so similiar things wont happen again.

tarot heart

I think the meaning of the image, as Anna intended, is right there beside the picture in the link provided. These are the metaphorical swords of life...