Seven Stars Tree of Personal Growth

seven stars

I was looking for a spread for a customer today. He asked what were his best options for personal growth in all areas of his life. I have standard spreads I tend to use but for this one today I decided I wanted to try something a little more specific. I looked in AT's lists of spreads & found Mimer's Situational Guide spread of 2003 but I decided I needed to expand on that, so I came up with this spread. Rather than write it out it's easier for me to make a graphic, & so the spread is attached. I think it worked well for this particular questioner.

Attachments

• spread for personal growth.jpg
    spread for personal growth.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 456

Hemera

I really like this spread and for some reason I particularly like cards/questions 2 and 3. Often there´s just one card for past influences in general but I find it useful to have these two separate cards for it. Also card 10 is really useful.

I hope you don´t mind me writing this out since it´s easier to see and also to print from this format.

---1------4-------7
-2--3---5--6----8--9
---------10---------

1. The Questioner at present.
2. Past Hindrance to Personal Growth
3. Past Helpful influence to Personal Growth
4. Advice. What can I tap into to make things better
5. What am I doing wrong.
6. What am I doing right.
7. The goal or gift all this is moving toward.
8. Likely outcome if I continue as I am now
9. Likely outcome if I take advice from the cards.
10. What uplifting words of wisdom or guidance can the cards offer me at this time.

seven stars

Oh thank you! This questioner was happy with the spread. I had done a Celtic Cross for him the day before regarding the nature of a possible upcoming move. Interestingly, the cards here pretty much (to me) seemed to confirm the same message. That his exuberance was actually not a strong point here & that although the escape he desires is worthy, he might want to just hold off & see what the universe presents him with - patience.

FLizarraga

Seven Stars, since I know very well the customer you're speaking about --he's, in fact, the closest friend I have--, I can tell you that the conjunction of both spreads made perfect sense for him. He now sees the situation in a completely different light, thanks to you.

And I can assure you he'll be thrilled to know that you basically created a whole new spread in order to answer his question. That is a wonderful thing indeed!

seven stars

Seven Stars, since I know very well the customer you're speaking about --he's, in fact, the closest friend I have--, I can tell you that the conjunction of both spreads made perfect sense for him. He now sees the situation in a completely different light, thanks to you.

And I can assure you he'll be thrilled to know that you basically created a whole new spread in order to answer his question. That is a wonderful thing indeed!

That's great, thanks. You might tell him, not to be afraid to give as many details as possible. It makes me nervous to discourage something not knowing a lot of details. Like, sometimes it puts the cards in a whole new light, you know? A lot of times people don't like to give a lot of details because they want to see what I'll come up with, which I don't mind doing but it's always more detailed if I know more.

FLizarraga

That's great, thanks. You might tell him, not to be afraid to give as many details as possible. It makes me nervous to discourage something not knowing a lot of details. Like, sometimes it puts the cards in a whole new light, you know? A lot of times people don't like to give a lot of details because they want to see what I'll come up with, which I don't mind doing but it's always more detailed if I know more.

I can give you some detail now, and while it is not the same it will help you see in retrospect how accurate the reading was.

My friend is getting middle aged, and he has spent almost a decade in a job that suits his skills and looks very good on a résumé, but that he has outgrown already. Since his is a troubled industry, his hours have been cut down --not as much as most other people's, true, but that's all the "advancement" he's getting.

And he lives in a city a lot of people dream about, but that he has also outgrown already. So all of this conspires to make him feel increasingly constrained, closed in, like a bird ready to break out of the egg. He does have a wonderful human network, friends that are his real family, and he is doing OK in this economy, so he does not really feel unhappy --just constrained.

So he recently visited New York City, a place that has always been his dream city, and he fell in love, head over heels. He truly felt he belonged there. And, being the Human Firecracker, he immediately started to burn. "After all," he thought, "I telecommute already, for chrissakes. Does it matter where I work from?"

Your first reading, therefore, was like a bucket of cold water: definitely not what he wanted to hear, but something that made him stop and really think things through.

He is also a devout Buddhist, so when Judgment showed up as advice in the second reading, he had to smile, since Buddhism teaches you that no prayer goes unanswered.