Aeclectic Tarot
Dedicated to the diversity and beauty of Tarot since 1996

· Tarot Decks   · Tarot Meanings   · Tarot Forum   · Home

Tarot Decks Tarot Card Meanings Free Tarot Readings Forum Community What's New

Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Deck Creation

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot enthusiasts, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post, share readings, search, view extra boards and more.

Hope to see you in the forum soon!

allibee 
Citizen

Beautiful and very recognisable ... I have a Magician and a Wheel of Fortune.

Your love for cats and knowledge of their wonderful behavior is absolutely fantastic .... another buyer here!
allibee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #11
baba-prague 
Citizen

Re: Cat's Eye Tarot

Quote:
Originally posted by shamaness
The world cannot have too many cat decks
I've been dithering about whether to say anything on this thread, but in the spirit of the comment above, I think I probably should come clean and say that we are also working on a cat deck.

BUT it is VERY different from this deck - which I agree is SO sweet and has a real personality and knowledge of cats - like others I look forward to seeing it available. And well, a world with TWO more cats decks can't be bad can it?

I'll upload one or two of ours as soon as I can - but on another thread for fear of butting into this one. I suspect that our deck is a bit of an open secret now anyway.

Catdoc, please do take part in threads when you can. It would be good to hear more from you, and more about your deck as it progresses.

Tarot of Prague
Baroque Bohemian Cats' Tarot
Fairytale Tarot
Fantastic Menagerie Tarot
Victorian Flower Oracle
Victorian Romantic Tarot
Bohemian Gothic Tarot
Alice Tarot - 2013
baba-prague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #12
Demonesse 
Citizen

The watercolours give this deck a very lovely, natural feel - you're very talented, catdoc! I can't believe I actually like a ...cat...deck - nooo!

Old 09-01-2004 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #13
baba-prague 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally posted by Demonesse
I can't believe I actually like a ...cat...deck - nooo!
Ah HAH! You see Demonesse, you've been influenced by the secret telepathic power of some cats around you. When a cat stares hard at you, it is secretly transmitting. Next thing you know you will be designing your own cat deck. There is no escape! :-)

Tarot of Prague
Baroque Bohemian Cats' Tarot
Fairytale Tarot
Fantastic Menagerie Tarot
Victorian Flower Oracle
Victorian Romantic Tarot
Bohemian Gothic Tarot
Alice Tarot - 2013
baba-prague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #14
Le_Corsair 
Citizen

Thumbs up

Catdoc, don't run down your writing ability. You write beautifully and intelligently, and the forums are the poorer for lack of your commentary. Don't be a (groan alert) scaredy-cat! (ok, collective groan, everyone!)

Bob

Old 09-01-2004 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #15
catdoc 
Citizen

baba prague,
Three cheers for another cat deck! For me, cats and the tarot are a natural. I am always on the look out for decks to add to my collection and those which utilize cat images effectively will catch my eye every time. I love the cats with each of the Queens in the Legend deck. The Halloween Tarot is rife with cats. The Queen of Wands is frequently accompanied by a cat in decks old and new. I don't think it is a passing fad, many who enjoy the tarot also have a temperament which allows them to appreciate cats as well. Beautiful, intriquing, mysterious, comforting, instuctive, maybe even a little frightening at times. Adjectives one might apply to either his favorite tarot deck or favorite cat?

Actually I do not find that there are not that many decks which use cats exclusively and several of those available are major arcana only decks. It was Kipling West's Tarot for Cats, given to me by a client/friend as a christmas gift, which brought me to the study of the tarot in the first place. Intriqued, I was fortunate to find Joan Bunning's on line course. At that point I needed a full 78 card deck with fairly 'traditional' meanings. Following Joan's advice I searched for a deck whose images appealed to me. Tarot of The Cat People was the deck I chose to learn with and it has remained one of my favorite decks, but it was not exactly what I was looking for. It is my goal to create the deck that I would have liked to have found when I made that initial search.

My journey into the world of the tarot is unique only in that we are each individuals with a story to tell, but in many ways we who have come to the tarot in recent years share a common experience. It does not surprise me that others find the cat an apt substitute for the human form when seeking a way to express the wisdom they have found within the tarot. In a thread about the Cat People Tarot, someone commented that the expressions on the cat's faces often provided a clearer sense of the card's meaning than those of the people. Cats can sometimes seem like patient teachers sharing our lives waiting for us to gain the wisdom to preceive their subtle messages. (You may be correct, baba, a cat has probably reached out to Demoneese :o).

Speaking of cat decks, does anyone have the Tarot Du Chat? Thoughts?
Deb

Old 10-01-2004 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #16
HudsonGray 
Citizen

There are still less than 10 cat decks out there, so I think there's plenty of room for more, in any style. I too like the Tarot for Cats quite a bit, but haven't found a deck/book set that was under $50 (I keep watching ebay sporatically for a few things like this).

Considering the number of cat owners looking for something new, you'd do fine with a deck sweet as this one is.

Funny, the number of DOG decks is remarkably lower than what you can find with cats. But overall, I think animal decks are generally very popular.

Old 10-01-2004 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #17
Jet Aluna 
Resident

respectfully snipped <Funny, the number of DOG decks is remarkably lower than what you can find with cats.>

There is something definitely wrong with that picture... unfortunately, I've tried to get my dogs to sit upright and pose for pictures and it just never works...

http://www.tarotforlife.com/files/ricki.JPG

Greyhound... ducking and running
Jet Aluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2004 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #18
EarthAngel2911 
Life is not for Sissies

Oh, Deb! I've loved watching each of your cards evolve over the past year, and I'm so excited that you've completed the Majors! As a complete cat person, I love each and every one of them! And I was just going over them at TFL, and it seems I missed a couple!! I just saw Death, Devil, Star, Moon, and Judgement (where have I been??), and the detail you've included is so incredible. Wow

I know I've already said this before, but you know I'd buy your deck in a heartbeat. And it seems that there's definite interest everywhere you look.

I know you're going to start on the minors soon, but I sure do hope you think about self-publishing your Majors. What a great addition to Tarot your deck will be!!

Blessings,
Karen
EarthAngel2911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2004 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #19
Aura Wolf 
Citizen

Those are beautiful! Finally a cat deck that I love! That's going on my list.

I wish I could speed time forward so that it would be finished. I want it right now!

Last edited by Aura Wolf; 13-01-2004 at 15:58.
Aura Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2004 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #20