Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews - Tarot Forum - Free Tarot Readings - Tarot Card Meanings - Tarot Spreads

Cat's Eye Tarot

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Deck Creation

Citizen

catdoc 
link to view all of the card images...

http://www.catdocmaine.com/NewStyle/...ts_stucco.html

This link will take you to the Cat's Eye Tarot pages on my website. (The random image script for the "virtual tarot reading" on the home page is a simple script that I wrote, the image rollover script showing the majors and 4 suits was borrowed with permission from Ciro Marchetti and his Gilded Tarot website pages.)

I have been scanning and printing each card as I finish it so I now have a complete deck printed on Avery postcard inkjet paper. (A laborious process especially since my printer baulks at feeding the heavier paper. It would take forever to print out all 78 cards at a time.)

Anyway - I did my first reading with the complete deck, asking what it would like to tell me. I will post a link to a page showing the result shortly.
Deb
Top   #211
Citizen

catdoc 
First reading...

http://www.catdocmaine.com/mytarot/J...lticCross.html

I would be interested in your thoughts about this reading...
Top   #212
Citizen

moderndayruth 

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdoc
http://www.catdocmaine.com/mytarot/J...lticCross.html

I would be interested in your thoughts about this reading...
Goodness, the cards look awesome in the spread!!! I think the reading is better posted in the YR subforum, but i'll pm you my thoughts anyway!
Top   #213
Citizen

catdoc 
Your Readings - forum...

I have been so focused on deck creation that I have not spent much time exploring the other forums on Aeclectic Tarot. I just went and looked at the Your Readings forum. I will post my first reading there as well.

Thank you ModerndayRuth - I think the cards look great in the spread, but I have to admit to a bit of bias in that regard ;-)

Since no one actually has the Cat's Eye Tarot deck will it be OK to put the link to the reading images on the page as I did here? I will need to write up the reading in text form with my interpretations before I can post in the YR forum.
Deb
Top   #214
Golden Silvery Dionna

Alta 

Yes, you can link to the image, though it would be helpful if you also added it in text form.

I had a look at your reading but was unsure of the question or area. Was it a general reading?

btw I LOVE the look of the cards spread out.

Alta
Top   #215
Permanent Resident of Halloween Town

WolfyJames 

I'm really happy to see this deck finally finished. Any plan to publish it at some point so cat lovers like me could put their paws on it too?
Top   #216
Citizen

catdoc 
the question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alta
I had a look at your reading but was unsure of the question or area. Was it a general reading?
Alta
Back in the day when I was active in a couple of tarot communities - Tarot for Beginners and Tarot for Life on MSN - a fellow tarot deck collector (it may have been Greyhound - my memory leaves something to be desired) said she always does a reading with a new deck in which she just asks what the deck would like to tell her. So that is what I did. However, I suspect that the underlying question was actually "so what now?". After 9 years of painting, it is odd to have all of the cards done.

I will definitely write up the reading for the YR forum. I like the way the cards look in a spread, but I also find that the images work for me. At a glance it is easy for me to see that this reading is full of emotion and some interesting juxtapositions.
Deb
Top   #217
Citizen

aja 

I am SO happy for you that you've completed this beautiful deck! And yes, the cards look great in the spread (although not enough time right now to really look at it as a reading)

here's hoping that it can indeed be printed so that lots of others can enjoy it too!
Top   #218
Citizen

Mojo Twin 2 

Law of Attraction everyone - this deck WILL be published and it WILL be very well done. This is too beautiful not to be published. It's the only cat deck I know of where the kitties aren't dressed up like people (not to knock BBC).

Amazing job.
Top   #219
Oversized hobbit

Morwenna 

This deck has been on my wish list ever since I first saw the scans about two years ago! Hurray for it being finished!

Now to see it published...
Top   #220

More interesting threads on the Aeclectic Tarot Forum...

Elsewhere on Aeclectic Tarot
· Tarot Cards & Reviews
· Free Tarot Readings
· What's New
· Tarot Card Meanings

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2021 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.