Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews - Tarot Forum - Free Tarot Readings - Tarot Card Meanings - Tarot Spreads

Cat's Eye Tarot

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Deck Creation

~ Collector of words ~

WolfSpirit 

What wonderful news, catdoc !
It must be great to finally have the deck in your hands.
And I can't wait to get my copies now
Top   #291
Resident

Teheuti 

I just got my copy. It's fun and playful. I love The Devil; it perfectly represents those surprising turns from sweet kitty to terrifying beast, when you've crossed some undefined line. I especially appreciate that you depicted real cats doing typical cat activities (as observed by us humans). Personified cats are fun, too, but I think this is the first deck to show a cat's eye view of things.

I would have liked a little more range of color in the Majors as all that lavender/purple starts looking monochromatic and slightly depressing. But it makes for a welcome change in the more colorful Minors (I realize you were color-coding here).

Congratulations. Good job.
Top   #292
Resident

Jet Aluna 
so proud!

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdoc View Post
I just received my copies of the Cat's Eye Tarot deck. I couldn't be more pleased! I am sure they will become available online very soon. Copies will be sent to reviewers as well. I hope that all of you will be as pleased as I am with the final product.
Deb
Catdoc, I can't imagine what it feels like to finally hold your finished deck in your hands... You are a wonderful artist and what you've created is very special. I am so proud of you!

Jet Aluna
Top   #293
Citizen

catdoc 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teheuti View Post
I would have liked a little more range of color in the Majors as all that lavender/purple starts looking monochromatic and slightly depressing. But it makes for a welcome change in the more colorful Minors (I realize you were color-coding here).
Originally I was planning to have all of the major kitties be solid color, but some red tabbies, brown tabbies and calicos snuck in there - good thing ;-)
Top   #294
Citizen

pangolin 

Mine arrived a couple of days ago. What a delight to have it in my hands after all these years of watching it develop. Catdoc, I can't imagine how it must feel for you to see it published. Do you have to pinch yourself sometimes?

I'm getting some very clear readings from it. It's a bit slippery to shuffle, but that should settle down as it gets broken in.

I absolutely love the backs!
Top   #295
Resident

Teheuti 

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdoc View Post
Originally I was planning to have all of the major kitties be solid color, but some red tabbies, brown tabbies and calicos snuck in there - good thing ;-)
I really like the variety of cat-types. And I love the backs, too.
Top   #296
Citizen

catdoc 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pangolin View Post
I absolutely love the backs!
I am happy to hear that you like the backs. There was some concern about not having the image on the back of the cards reversible. The cat face works so well with the name and theme of the deck I am glad US Games decided to go with that.

I have done 1 reading with my deck and I found the green eyes of the kitty on the card backs really kept me focused. The glossy card stock makes them shine.
Top   #297
Citizen

LadyMarian 

I got my deck today and I am doing the happy dance. I love the art on this deck. Thanks CatDoc for a beautiful deck.

Blessings,
Lady Marian
Top   #298
Citizen

midlander 

I adore this deck!! Thanks so much for creating it, Deb!!
Top   #299
Citizen

catdoc 

Quote:
Originally Posted by midlander View Post
I adore this deck!! Thanks so much for creating it, Deb!!
I am so glad that you are enjoying it!!! The reviews have been good so far. I am going to do readings with the deck at a local store - Leapin' Lizard on Forest Ave. here in Portland Maine - Jan 14, Feb 18, and March 10th. I can't tell you what a pleasure it was to see it amongst the decks offered for sale at that establishment :-).

As more folks acquire a copy perhaps we can have a discussion group in the appropriate forum here at aeclectic...
Deb
Top   #300

More interesting threads on the Aeclectic Tarot Forum...

Elsewhere on Aeclectic Tarot
· Tarot Cards & Reviews
· Free Tarot Readings
· What's New
· Tarot Card Meanings

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2021 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.