The Wyrd of Sarah Howard

wooden-eye

Hello Moongypsy, I have been too long out of your radiance. It must not happen again.!
Another day free from job. Another day free to paint Sarah Howard cards!!
I managed two today, but only because the first was sucky and will go in the questionable pile.
This painting a day challenge is quite motivating, but does not give enough time to review my choices before i go ahead and paint. Thus there might be a few rejects.
Anyway, here is today's better effort.(again cropped for instagram, I probably should also mention these are photos taken with my phone and it distorts the image slightly.)

"Real Magick"

Attachments

• IMG_20150903_221329.jpg
    IMG_20150903_221329.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 170

MoonGypsy

Oh Gabi! What a gorgeous card...Your art continues to leave me breathless!
i love it so much! i haven't even had my morning cuppa, yet. This painting is much
more satisfying, i must say! You go girl! Bless you, my friend. i can see your Muse
is certainly on the job, and then some! :love:

Babalon Jones

Wow nice! It looks like the tree is reaching out to her heart.

wooden-eye

Day 4 of 30 paintings in 30 days

Another redhead today.
The original sketch for the card had a girl swimming towards a small tree covered island. We have one such lake island opposite the shores where we swim. My daughters and i have often speculated about whether the distance is swimmable. My elder, a very physically confident girl has always claimed it would be easy and i have had to make her promise not to try it when i am not watching.
My argument being, she may well get there, but then she will have to return and could well miss supper.
When making the card this got me thinking more about what is implyed by this card. I came to the notion of 'initiation' .
So the figure in the painting swims back-stroke to the island. What is happening there is masked by the trees, but she is an invited guest and will need stamina to get there.

'Initiation '- Day 4

Attachments

• IMG_20150904_220441.jpg
    IMG_20150904_220441.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 147

MoonGypsy

Staggeringly beautiful, Gabi!!! It gives me chills and is perfectly titled. :heart:

wooden-eye

Thank you Moongypsy, i like the idea of a breakfast oracle card to (hopefully) compliment your coffee.
Posting Day 5 a little late and just about to begin day 6.
Again the card title is not finalized.
The clouds on the card do spell out a word, i deliberately made it unlikely to be readable; not seeking for the card to be prescriptive . While floating in the lake the clouds clearly suggested a word, before the high breezes rubbed it out.
'High above the waving tree-tops the clouds spelt a word."

Attachments

• IMG_20150906_075710.jpg
    IMG_20150906_075710.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 130

wooden-eye

Day 6 of a card a day

Just finished day 6. Another day another card.
This one has toads. I am rather fond of these creatures of chequered past and mixed reputation. Parts of this wonderful land have their very own war on toady terrorists.
This one is this far called,
"Far from Alone."

Attachments

• IMG_20150906_213921.jpg
    IMG_20150906_213921.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 147

wooden-eye

Day 7 of a card a day

I was way too moody today to paint, so I cleaned and paid bills etc.
Thankfully my blustery mood passed by this evening and I managed to get the outline drawn. So today's card is a work in progress.
I sat down at my desk to paint a tree card and happened to make one which is inspired by Ophelia. So far it is called.
"Contemplating one's own immortality."
I will finish it tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMG_20150907_233456.jpg
    IMG_20150907_233456.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 126

wooden-eye

Day 8 of 30 cards in 30 days

Yep., its me again.
Just finished yesterdays card. I am officially a day behind, but i won't tell if you don't.
I have simplified the title to,
"Contemplating Immortality"

Attachments

• IMG_20150908_140900.jpg
    IMG_20150908_140900.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 131