The Wyrd of Sarah Howard

MissChiff

I woke up just about an hour ago and felt just like this picture and I was doing just that...and I just finished a crying jag...thank you I needed that!

Deaux

I just went through all 12 pages of this... and I am enchanted! So enchanted that I'm not even getting that artist-inferiority feeling that I often get looking at someone else's fabulous work! I can't wait to see more of TWOSH!

wooden-eye

Day 10 of a card a day

Hey misschiff,(( .....feeling any better?....))
Thanks for spending some time with Sarah, and Deaux- all 12 pages!!
Thank you for your lovely words, some of the lovliest ever actually.
So you're making tarot huh?
Have you totally lost possession of your wits?
If not you will soon.
Please show. (When you are ready obviously) but now would be better.
Xx
Okay so here is another card, this was day 10. I am gonna hold a few close to my chest, so there will be a couple of surprises if i do get the deck out into the wide world.
Another card with a lady. I want some more fellas, but the autobiographical nature of the deck is not steering me in that direction. Still- that is no excuse. Balance must be sought!
Day 10 -"I may have taken too much."

Attachments

• IMG_20150910_222715.jpg
    IMG_20150910_222715.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 118

wooden-eye

Day 11 of 30 cards in 30 days

Here is day 11.
This is the last one for a while with that woman in it, it does also star the lovely Ruby, whose fine artwork can be seen in the aeclectic members deck, (she made the Page of Cups)
The card was made with a serious intent, though it can definitely be read in several ways.
The flowers are the highly intoxicating 'angels trumpets' which loom threatening and beautiful in the corner of my garden. In the card they represent the 'poison cups'. Cups which were said to shatter when poison was added, rendering the recipient safe from harm. This relates to the theory of parents treating their children as 'poison cups'. The children are filled with toxins and innocence is destroyed.
So a bit heavy and not sure if the image does the job, but a working title might be,
"I will not make you my poison cup."
But will likely be
"Highly intoxicating"

.....aw heck , just realised I am on the wrong device to upload photo, I will put it in next post.

Deaux

You're so welcome for the lovely words. And yes, I have obviously lost my wits, because I am indeed creating a Tarot deck, but in my case, the deck is more *EVIDENCE* of my insanity than the cause of it! It's all very new to me, this card creation stuff, challenging and wonderful and fun and crazed. Thank you for encouraging me to share here, and I will start a thread tomorrow -- a lingering migraine makes me not trust myself to get it right tonight!

Can't wait to see "Highly Intoxicating"!

wooden-eye

That missing day 10 photo.

DEAUX, I am looking forward to your thread. Actually making a tarot deck kind of saved my marbles, but it was a big chunk of hard work. Still it was great enough that i now know what to paint every day and am going for it again. I am so happy you have found your way here.
Here it is that card....almost forgot.
"Highly intoxicating

Attachments

• IMG_20150911_204723.jpg
    IMG_20150911_204723.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 133

Freder

Och, Gaby, I just found this thread -- I dunno why it's taken me so long. Love, love, LOVE what I see. You will outdo yourself on this one. You go, girl!!!

wooden-eye

Day 16 of 30 cards in 30 days

Thanks for the Gee-up Freder. Sad how we arty types need them, but we truely do.
This challenge is getting a tiny bit grueling now. Not sure i would recommend it.
Sorted out the system tonight and worked out what gaps needed to be filled and how to best do this. Tricky without the perfect system of the full tarot.
The deck is very loosly based on a playing card deck, so i will have 52 cards plus a couple of extras. I have used knowledge of the minor arcana as a guide.
Todays card again has 2 titles. I know which one I prefer.
"In search of self-actualization Narcissa became dangerously self-absorbed"
Or
"As above, so below"

Attachments

• IMG_20150916_222829.jpg
    IMG_20150916_222829.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 130

MoonGypsy

Gabi, i soooooooooo NEED this deck...
It is so healing! i have no more words...too awestruck! wow...

Deaux

Whoa --- This last one just reached out of the screen and grabbed me, I swear.
Powerful image! And I love both titles. She needs both. Title & Subtitle.

I swear your work just stuns. It does.