The Wyrd of Sarah Howard

wooden-eye

Thanks for the input guys!
Looks like i will go for Printers Studio.
I woke up yesterday to a surprise kick in butt for my next tarot project. When you are running half a day ahead of a lot of the world, morning news can be like that. You wake up, stagger off for coffee, your hand creeps towards your phone and 'bam' you're up and running.
So I am once again staring down the barrel of a 78 card gun. Question is, am I mad or woman enough to handle it? The idea i have for the deck is my best ever. My dream project. I scarcely deserve the honor of undertaking it. I know I'm going to do it. One card at a time.
All this aside Sarah need not worry, I will attend to her needs.

aquestionmark

Looks like i will go for Printers Studio....
So I am once again staring down the barrel of a 78 card gun. Question is, am I mad or woman enough to handle it? The idea i have for the deck is my best ever. My dream project... I know I'm going to do it. One card at a time.
All this aside Sarah need not worry, I will attend to her needs...

Wow, so much exciting developments! You are on such a roll :) We will definitely be cheering you on..

JylliM

Congrats on completing the paintings and yay for us who will get to own a deck!

daphne

Looks like i will go for Printers Studio.
I woke up yesterday to a surprise kick in butt for my next tarot project. When you are running half a day ahead of a lot of the world, morning news can be like that. You wake up, stagger off for coffee, your hand creeps towards your phone and 'bam' you're up and running.
So I am once again staring down the barrel of a 78 card gun. Question is, am I mad or woman enough to handle it? The idea i have for the deck is my best ever. My dream project. I scarcely deserve the honor of undertaking it. I know I'm going to do it. One card at a time.
All this aside Sarah need not worry, I will attend to her needs.

Thank you for Printer studio, such good news! Lovely cardstock, linen, nonetheless other choices are also good. How big do you want them, poker... tarot... bigger size? Can we have also a mini (I love minis).

And fabulous news for the new project tarot, It will be magnificent, I am sure, and if there is one gifted artist to be able to make it, it is you. I am so curious now about this new idea, I hope you share some cards with us when they are ready.
Resilience and inspiration be with you on this new journey, we are blessed there are creators in the world like you.

baylys

Woohooooooo!!!!!!! Best news I have heard all day (admittedly it is only 8am), but such AWESOME news!!!!!

wooden-eye

Daphne- thank you for these kind words. I always value your opinions and when they are so encouraging it is a real treat.
I will start a thread for the new deck soon, for some reason I feel guarded about this idea.- like it might be whipped away from me; which is odd as I never usually feel this way. I think I need to nurture it a bit first. Try a few images- see if I am up to the job.
Sorry to be mysterious.
Baylys! I miss you. I think we all do.
Moongypsy you are a warm hug.
Freder. I love finding you everywhere and congrats again on your awards from Tarosophy! I hope they send cash!
To all members who read and post in this creators forum.
Your contributions can make a huge difference to the artists here. Many decks simply would not get finished without you. Thanks so much.XxGabi

wooden-eye

Images uploaded!

Right just a quick update.
I have just spent several days getting the deck together. They are now uploaded onto the Printer-studio website. We have titles and backs and are almost ready to hit send and get myself sample deck.
I have decided to order 100 decks for myself. These will get bags and a bit of the old attention, before I make them available for purchase. I will also make the deck available from the Printerstudio site, but that one will be deck only with no bells or whistles.
In the name of simplicity The Wyrd of Sarah Howard will have no LWB. I will enclose a few words on the deck and many more will likely pop up around and about in digital form.
So my little oracle is imminent, but please only 'whisper' about it. It is hush hush. If you would like one please please whisper your contact details via pm and I will write you in my book.
( Soon I will be allowed to speak about Bonefire again and that I will be shouting from the roof-tops!)

daphne

Great you finished uploading the cards, and the titles ready, it can be such a laboring task. I hope you are happy with the final product once you get the sample in your hands.

Anyway, this means that not very long we can get your work in our hands.
I never do or buy any oracle decks, but I love your work and yours will be a lovely exception.

daphne

I will start a thread for the new deck soon, for some reason I feel guarded about this idea.- like it might be whipped away from me; which is odd as I never usually feel this way. I think I need to nurture it a bit first. Try a few images- see if I am up to the job.
Sorry to be mysterious.

Not a problem, let the new tarot project sink in you and then when it gathered all the needed life, it will resurface in full force, conviction and glory. Trust your creator instincts, they are marvelous.

wooden-eye

Well- the samples came and boy I was glad I ordered them. The whole thing was not as good as I had expected. Perhaps the print on demand thing will never match that of making all the choices from scratch and creating a bespoke deck. Choosing from very limited options is - well, limiting.
That said I have lightened up all the images and sent off again. A bit frustrating to wait again, but again worth it.
Mean while i have sketched out almost all the cards for my new tarot and have the go-a-head from my publisher to start shouting about Bonefire's November release date. So no time is wasted these days......(bit stressed actually.)