The Wyrd of Sarah Howard

wooden-eye

I took a look at the video - the cards are gorgeous! Well done!!

Thanks Lovely!
Arte thou Bricking it about tomorrow? Took a peak at your campaign.--wow Babalon! Best tarot kick-starter ever.
Those books....
So, off topic, but I am so excited for you and a bit worried you will be worked to bits.xx

wooden-eye

Well, I finally arrived home from way too much driving in the last few days and have just had the chance to have a look through the Wyrd. A gorgeous deck which is elevated further by the text on the explanatory cards. You do have a way with words, Gabi! I'll be putting a question or two to Sarah over the next few days. Twill be interesting to see how harsh or otherwise is her response. :)

Hi Jill. Was your mission successful?
Glad you like the cards. Let me know how you go. Be gentle though, naturally I am a thin-skinned artist who hates criticism and often has low self-esteem- still is there any other kind?😘

wooden-eye

OH MY... Sarah Howard has arrived and she is a treasure. I absolutely love the endearing size of the cards and of course the stunning artwork :)

Thanks aquestionmark. So happy she arrived safely and you find her to your liking! (And a bit relieved)xx😊

strings of life

Just paid for mine, phew!

I have seen some of the cards since I've been following along here, but don't want to know anything else so that I can enjoy the surprise when she arrives :).

Winterchild

Thank YOU Winterchild. I subscribed to your chanel just a few days ago and there you are reviewing Sarah Howard!

It is great to see where questions might arise.

I ummed and ahhed about putting the long original titles on the cards, but decided in the end they were rather too personal might be a distraction when reading. So I included them on the description cards.
'The Beard of Fish' is a Happy Squirrel.
The crocheted doily or sometimes lace on the bag are found items and represent Sarah Howard's time-passing ladies 'accomplishments' as she daydreams of exotic foreign lands, but also the 'Wyrd'- or web woven as she reaches, connects and touches with others on her soul path.

If there is anything else which needs some clarification. I am happy to help.
Great video Winterchild. Like me you have an accent which does not match your location. So utterly delighted you approve of Sarah Howard.
XxGabi

Oh I approve so much... I made the video as soon as she landed (and oh my that was the wildest day ever, my shack which has withstood 70 years of winds blew down in a 100km gale the day she arrived, so she came in with a real storm!)... after I was looking through the deck and found so many delights, and I worked out that the crochet doily was connected to how she sits and sews or passes her time and oh the concept of that woven web... you are a poet... I connected with that when I saw the very first mention of Sarah!

I am sooooo looking forward to The Blue House Gabi!!

I came to NZ from the UK 11 years ago... gotta say I am homesick... and Sarah sitting and sewing in the 'Longing' card remind me of my situation... and I also think of The lady of Shallot... both Waterhouse's painting and Tennyson's words:

But in her web she still delights
To weave the mirror's magic sights,
For often thro' the silent nights
A funeral, with plumes and lights
And music, came from Camelot:
Or when the moon was overhead
Came two young lovers lately wed;
'I am half sick of shadows,' said
The Lady of Shalott.

Oh how I love the romance and poetry in your work... it is not easy to put yourself out there and I feel honoured that you have shared this journey with us!

xoxoxoxox

Padma

I sent you a PM for two decks, Gabi :)

And wow, Winterchild - great video! I loved it :love: your love and enthusiasm for these cards really came through! ETA I think of you, whenever I use my lovely Fantastic Menagerie I got from you!

sorry to hear of your shed, though! :heart: (and of your homesickness. I know that feeling, I just went through years of it! )

JylliM

Hi Jill. Was your mission successful?
Glad you like the cards. Let me know how you go. Be gentle though, naturally I am a thin-skinned artist who hates criticism and often has low self-esteem- still is there any other kind?😘

Mission accomplished :).

Don't worry, I'm a thin skinned musician with low self esteem, I understand completely. And I'm sure Sarah will speak to me just as she needs to. xx

rmcfarron

Sarah has arrived in Atlanta...and I'm overwhelmed by the emotion. This is my first ever oracle and I think it's wonderful. Certainly a marvelous sibling for the Bonefire.

MoonGypsy

Sarah has arrived in Atlanta...and I'm overwhelmed by the emotion. This is my first ever oracle and I think it's wonderful. Certainly a marvelous sibling for the Bonefire.

All the way from the Southern Hemisphere to Southern USA!

wooden-eye

That's wonderful rmcfarron!
I have been trying my first pure oracle readings. Feel like I am winging it a bit and been using simple spreads. I think tarot roots go deep. Hopefully the suits on the cards will be of assistance to you.
I would love to know how you tackle the oracle angle.
Thank you so much for taking a risk on Sarah.xx