The Wyrd of Sarah Howard

wooden-eye

Two more card scans- again they are a bit rough.

Attachments

• I see you there, glistening in the distance 001.jpg
    I see you there, glistening in the distance 001.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 256
  • strewn with obstacles 001.jpg
    strewn with obstacles 001.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 253

Winterchild

Personally I love the phrases on the cards, it makes them more unusual, and their are still many ways of interpreting a line of poetry. It adds to the image...

Would love to know how you 'found' Sarah Howard... :)

wooden-eye

Well Winterchild,
Okay then.
I was right in the cortex of making Bonefire. A rather better day job had been lost and I found myself at liberty to really go on a total mission of discovery; an inner journey, in reality I was rather a Hermit. I found that a rather wonderful way to make images for the deck appear was a kind of meditation, but I had had no real success with the passive, still type.
I walk a lot, round here if you do not, you are ridiculous and deserve a rude shock to wake you up. I read about and tried walking meditation, sometimes to music, "My Morning Jacket", in combination to the beauty of my surroundings would often make me cry so much. The revealing of Bonefire and the walking were healing my thinking and body, I was getting really strong.
I became game to push the boundaries of fear and cynicism and at night I awoke , not in 9 of swords panic, but excited to try to set off an Astrally projected adventure and By day I walked and invited a past life to come knocking. The card I posted of the dog, I am pulled by the red lead, along a shady path to the edge of the lake. On this shady path, I came to know Sarah, I invited her in and she came.
She was very familiar to me. We share the Grand-father clock. When I was a child, the doctors surgery we attended was in an old house and the waiting room housed this huge , dark, old, time -piece, my tummy hurts to think of it, it was so oppressive and it made time move so slowly. When I met Sarah she sat, imprisoned by propriety, the room silent save the clock.
I pushed the image further, but that became story telling, in my reality we went no further than the room and the clock, but in some ways it feels like she saw me as I saw her. I guess it was pretty profound for me, and as such has become real; it changed things.

daphne

I pushed the image further, but that became story telling, in my reality we went no further than the room and the clock, but in some ways it feels like she saw me as I saw her. I guess it was pretty profound for me, and as such has become real; it changed things.

A little bit cryptic, but nonetheless, fascinating!

Kate Bedell

I am rubbing my finger tips together. Heat is being generated. The creative itch sends adrenaline surging though my heart.

I have a new deck idea on the tip of my tongue. It is but, an Ace of Wands, the 2, hard on it's heels.

My question is now a simple one. This will be an oracle, but not a Lenny, where will I post it's progress?

I know the feeling...I can hardly sit still. Something just went 'ping' and awakened me after a loooong period of dark night of the soul. I feel I can paint the darker cards with a kind of hideous beauty and infuse them with energy as powerful as the sun!

THIS SITE IS AWESOME! I'm so glad I'm part of it.

wooden-eye

That's great Kate
Go straight for the nine of swords! When I made Bonefire I actually got more out of tackling those darker cards than the lighter ones. More addressing of shadows was required
. I often saved the pretty cards for treats, only to find them no more fun at all.
Mmmm, methinks I will go and paint some anguish.

baylys

Enjoy your anguish hun. This deck is looking fantastic!

rmcfarron

As I mentioned on another thread about The Wyrd - I have never owned or felt the lack of an oracle deck. Until I saw this one. And now, just as with the Bonefire, I know it must be mine. Personally, I LOVE the simple sentence on each card. It makes it so very clear the meaning and how to read it. And rather than detracting from the stunning impact of the deck, I think it makes it even more so. That said, I'll leap on the deck and love it whichever way you choose to go.

Rae

MoonGypsy

To say i am excited about how this deck is progressing
is a major understatement.
My Bonefire is in heat...longing for her mate...;)