The Wyrd of Sarah Howard

Winterchild

Love it Moon gypsy!

wooden-eye, thank you for your story... I can smell the air, and feel the early morning dampness by the lake, hear that clock, and the creak of the floorboards in the room. It is good to be The Hermit sometimes.. possibly my favourite part in life.

For me the story behind a deck is part of it... sometimes I can see the story. Decks with no story for me have no soul... which is why I find a lot of 'made to fit tarot' themed decks so very cold.

I. cannot. wait.

ETA: I mean't to say, you are the only other person I have heard of that likes or even knows of the band "My Morning Jacket"! To me they have a sound from my past or something like that.

rmcfarron

Oh, no, Winterchild - I am a huge fan of My Morning Jacket. "I'm amazed at what they want me to believe"

Oops, to stay on topic, I can't wait for the release of the deck. And, while I know Wooden-eye doesn't want to give us a projected date (don't blame her, I work in software and it always slips), I'm eagerly anticipating it.

wooden-eye

I will dance to the intro of 'into the woods' at the drop of a hat.

Not feeling that anguished after all, not today especially. (I can't think why?)

So changed the plan and painted this one instead.

Attachments

• bathing in undies 001.jpg
    bathing in undies 001.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 270

wooden-eye

Another another new one

One more.
I quite like the simplicity -rather unusual for this painter.

Attachments

• Freaked out by Sea Grass 001.jpg
    Freaked out by Sea Grass 001.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 274

wooden-eye

Stop me if I'm boring you.

Another card arrives.

Attachments

• One day this will be me 001.jpg
    One day this will be me 001.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 287

baylys

Ooohh, I LOVE 'one day this will be me'

I totally get that!

Alta

wow, cannot say how much this in-progress oracle deck is appealing to me!!!!

wooden-eye

This one has a cat

Well- another furry critter= another image giving me probs.
Strange; animals have generally been my artistic friends.
I will work a bit on this cat, before deck goes to print, but for now we need a little distance, he is interrupting my flow.
Now humans, they'll never let you down. I'll work on one of those less furry animals today.
Here is that cat. The composition is a bit weird-so maybe it's not the cat after all.

Alta, I am delighted you find the images appealing and Baylys- were you a pirate in a past life?....or perhaps you are one now.....where did you say you worked?

Attachments

• Different strokes 001.jpg
    Different strokes 001.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 273

baylys

Well- another furry critter= another image giving me probs.
Strange; animals have generally been my artistic friends.
I will work a bit on this cat, before deck goes to print, but for now we need a little distance, he is interrupting my flow.
Now humans, they'll never let you down. I'll work on one of those less furry animals today.
Here is that cat. The composition is a bit weird-so maybe it's not the cat after all.

Alta, I am delighted you find the images appealing and Baylys- were you a pirate in a past life?....or perhaps you are one now.....where did you say you worked?

I think the cat almost looks like a little possum. Cute though, trying to extract the crab out of it's shell.

I always have been and always will be a pirate. I've worked on and around boats all my life and the skull and crossbones is my signature :D

Winterchild

I like that cat critter, he has attitude, or cattitude maybe!
Loving this deck...