The Wyrd of Sarah Howard

wooden-eye

One with a fish

Hey -with all these different animals, there might be a Lenormand lurking within the walls of the Sarah Howard- kind of an oracle within an oracle. A different way of reading- a more direct message. I quite like that.( If anyone already made a deck like this, sorry to be unoriginal)
Or maybe that makes it is a lenormand with many extra cards??
Anyway, I might just confuse the issue, still worth some thought.

Here is a fishy one:

Attachments

• welcome strange traveller 001.jpg
    welcome strange traveller 001.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 182

wooden-eye

What the Butler Saw

This one is hot off the press.

Attachments

• I am unfeasibly jealous 001.jpg
    I am unfeasibly jealous 001.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 174

baylys

These cards are getting so cool. I love them. I like the idea of being able to use them as a Lenormand, but the greedy part of me wants you to make a separate lennie so we can have tarot, oracle and lennie decks made by you.

Three decks isn't too much to ask is it? ;)

daphne

Hey -with all these different animals, there might be a Lenormand lurking within the walls of the Sarah Howard- kind of an oracle within an oracle. A different way of reading- a more direct message. I quite like that.( If anyone already made a deck like this, sorry to be unoriginal)
Or maybe that makes it is a lenormand with many extra cards??
Anyway, I might just confuse the issue, still worth some thought.

Here is a fishy one:

That is a GREAT idea!!!!! I often imagine how great would be to have a Lenormand with your art bright work.
Either is included in the oracle or it is just an extended version of Lenormand, doesnt matter as long as the 36 symbols are in the cards.

And if in the end you can print a normal and a mini edition, for the GTs, that would be fabulous!!!!

wooden-eye

These clever little lights

Hmm- so Baylys and Daphne like the idea......and I like Baylys and Daphne...
I will go through the sketches I have for TWOSH (The Wyrd of Sarah Howard-kind of like THOTH and tosh mixed together) and see how complicated it might get to blend the two oracle types.
I am linking the 'TWOSH' deck to playing card Cartomancy, and am yet to decide whether to include the suits on the cards or not; I am only thinking eg. 3H, with a drawn heart not an H. This would help if I went with the Lenny idea.
Well more to think about there. I have no particular plans for a Lenny in the future, but if I did, it would probably be painted in a more brazen and ballsy style.
After this one is the Sibilla.( though a little bird indicated that Ciro might be making one, so it will have to be flamin' awesome.- sorry Ciro, if this utterly untrue)

Anny Hoo... back to yesterday's card. Here it is.

Attachments

• These clever little lights 001.jpg
    These clever little lights 001.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 165

baylys

Woohoo!!! Somebody likes me, somebody likes me :D

Ok, yes, I know I'm acting like a 12 year old :D

Eyebright

Thanks, Eyebright, it just needs a bit of tweaking
Oy be off topic ere maid, but wur you be livin?
I grew up in Torquay, my dad still lives there. Next time I visit we could meet up and talk art and tarot! Your drawing is exquisite and the deck looks very fine.

Oospy, sorry only just seen this message! I live in Paignton, so a mere stones throw from Torquay, would love to meet up when you visit next! But I can't lay claim to the artwork in my avatar. Its from Emily Carding's Tarot of the Sidhe, she made the avatar for me ages and ages ago. I can't draw to save my life!

To stay on topic though, I love how this oracle deck is progressing, I love the cards, they are so gorgeous! I don't really read with Lenormands, but if the deck keeps the option of being able to be read as an oracle then I'm happy, and it will appeal to a greater audience if it can be read as a lenormand, as I know how this area of cartomancy has exploded in popularity recently.

Now I really need to count my pennies and see if I can afford a Bonefire yet...!

daphne

I will go through the sketches I have for TWOSH (The Wyrd of Sarah Howard-kind of like THOTH and tosh mixed together) and see how complicated it might get to blend the two oracle types.
I am linking the 'TWOSH' deck to playing card Cartomancy, and am yet to decide whether to include the suits on the cards or not; I am only thinking eg. 3H, with a drawn heart not an H. This would help if I went with the Lenny idea.
Well more to think about there. I have no particular plans for a Lenny in the future, but if I did, it would probably be painted in a more brazen and ballsy style.
After this one is the Sibilla.( though a little bird indicated that Ciro might be making one, so it will have to be flamin' awesome.- sorry Ciro, if this utterly untrue)

Anny Hoo... back to yesterday's card. Here it is.

And I like you too, wonderful creator that you are!

You gave me an extra heart beat, when talking about making the cards suitable for cartomancy. Yes, please do, include the card symbols (with the drawn heart, of course), it would be fantastic to use those cards, beside oracle or Lenormand, as cartomancy cards. They`d look wonderful with your colors.

Regarding Lenormand, I think this is an easy job, you already have some cards, the dog, the fish, mountains are in lot of your cards, the tree, and now, the latest card it can be the Path. Unconsciously, you were already making a Lenormand. Just go on with it, make candy for our eyes.

spiritsofthewolf

I LOVE your art here!

desertrat

Just to clarify: your TWOSH deck (which I am loving, BTW) will be a little Lenormand-y but mostly Oracle-y, right?

ETA:
I guess that's what Eyebright is asking too.