The Wyrd of Sarah Howard

baylys

Yup. The woman's face looks much better in the second image.

daphne

Thank you very much Autumn Spice.

Today, I was too busy with day-job work, so no new images, but I did do some work on the lorikeet picture from yesterday.
Scanning and posting the cards gives me a chance to look at them on a laptop and an ipod and they always look so different from the original art and from each other. The screens seem to over emphasize certain things and really change the colours. The balance is often thrown way off. I currently have no photoshop or similar so I have to make the adjustments to the painting.
I have rescanned the image. It is better now, but still a tad trouble-some.

--Yep, just uploaded it and checked, it is better.

Yes, second, absolutely!! Maybe you should look into some digital adjustments? Maybe to let somebody experienced to adjust them and you go on with painting? :)

MoonGypsy

Oh yes, Gabi! i concur wholeheartedly! The 2nd one is much better.
Oh and how i love those beautiful birds! Gorgeous colors!!! :love:

PattyMc

Gabi, I can't say anything that hasn't been said....I LOVE this deck, and can not wait until it's ready to go out into the world. And to my mailbox!!

The second adjustment to the Lorikeets is much better, the face and coloring better. Thanks for the back story on the crystals...loving this card.

Blessings,
Patty

wooden-eye

Full flower moon, maypole and Violets

Thanks for coming on the ride with me guys. I love your company.
One more card.

Attachments

• A Merry Dance 001.jpg
    A Merry Dance 001.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 183

MoonGypsy

Dear Gabi,

Any updates? It has been a long time...
Please tell us that you are still working on this very poetic
oracle...:love:

MoonGypsy

Dear Gabi,

Any updates? It has been a long time...
Please tell us that you are still working on this very poetic
oracle...:love:

Gabi? Throw us a "bone".:p

The Happy Squirrel

wow...

you should write a whole thing around this.....

Well Winterchild,
Okay then.
I was right in the cortex of making Bonefire. A rather better day job had been lost and I found myself at liberty to really go on a total mission of discovery; an inner journey, in reality I was rather a Hermit. I found that a rather wonderful way to make images for the deck appear was a kind of meditation, but I had had no real success with the passive, still type.
I walk a lot, round here if you do not, you are ridiculous and deserve a rude shock to wake you up. I read about and tried walking meditation, sometimes to music, "My Morning Jacket", in combination to the beauty of my surroundings would often make me cry so much. The revealing of Bonefire and the walking were healing my thinking and body, I was getting really strong.
I became game to push the boundaries of fear and cynicism and at night I awoke , not in 9 of swords panic, but excited to try to set off an Astrally projected adventure and By day I walked and invited a past life to come knocking. The card I posted of the dog, I am pulled by the red lead, along a shady path to the edge of the lake. On this shady path, I came to know Sarah, I invited her in and she came.
She was very familiar to me. We share the Grand-father clock. When I was a child, the doctors surgery we attended was in an old house and the waiting room housed this huge , dark, old, time -piece, my tummy hurts to think of it, it was so oppressive and it made time move so slowly. When I met Sarah she sat, imprisoned by propriety, the room silent save the clock.
I pushed the image further, but that became story telling, in my reality we went no further than the room and the clock, but in some ways it feels like she saw me as I saw her. I guess it was pretty profound for me, and as such has become real; it changed things.

baylys

Any updates?

Please?