So Below - Book of Shadows II - ACE of WANDS ~ SALAMANDERS

La Force

ACE of WANDS ~ SALAMANDERS

Here we have a Hand extending down from the top left of the card, holding a wooden wand, with a Salamander carved into it, igniting the first spark to light the red candle. At the base of the red candle is Salamander curling up around the candle. The are 3 lit yellow candles, 2 lit orange candles, all set on a table, with a brown table cloth. The background is dark and sparks are flying, from the salamander wand.

WAND

Traditionally the wand is made from the wood of a sacred tree. These include the Willow, Elder, Oak, Apple, Peach, Hazel, and Cherry. Oak wood is perfect for your wand, though other types of wood can be used.

Its length should approximate the crook of the elbow to the middle of the index finger. These days many modern materials are used instead, and even tipped with crystals and gems.

The wand is a tool of invocation, it is used to evoke the Gods, Goddesses and Spirits. It is also used for directing mystical energy, to bestow blessings, charge objects and draw down the moon during ritual.

In most traditions the wand represents the element of Fire.

CANDLES

The candles on your altar represent Spirit. Which also represent the four corners of your magick circle, and the four elements.

Yellow one in the east for Air
Red one in the south for Fire
Blue one in the west for Water
Green/brown one in the north for Earth

CANDLE COLORS ~ Represented in the ACE of WANDS

RED CANDLE

Energy, protection, sex, defence, aggressive actions

ORANGE CANDLE

Luck, changing of personal fortune, attraction of influences

YELLOW CANDLE

Intellect, education, benevolence, writing, the arts

La Force

My first impression of the Ace of Wands ~ Salamanders

My first impression of the Ace of Wands ~ Salamanders. Wow I so love this card, this card draws me in. Everything about it is so captivating. You can feel the energy off this image immediately. Power card for sure.