So Below - Book of Shadows II - ACE of SWORDS ~ SYLPHS

La Force

ACE of SWORDS ~ SYLPHS

A Sylph touches the tip of the Athame. There's a Hand that's extending out from the left side of the card, placing the Athame down onto a blue table cloth. The Cloth is set upon the Altar. The Handle of the Athame, has a pentagram. The Sylph, has red flowing hair, with red, blueish, blending into purple on it's wings. There also looks to be fairy dust floating around in the air.

ATHAME

The athame is the traditional ritual dagger, commonly it has a black handle and steel double-edged blade. Many wiccans/pegans engrave the handle or blade with magickal symbols indicative of deities, spirits or the elements as sources of power.

The athame is a tool of command, it is used to direct what power we pass through it. The athame is utilized by the person for summoning, directing and banishing negative mystical energy. It is also used to cast circles by tracing the circumference, to charge and consecrate objects of negative energies.

It most traditions, it is never used as a mundane knife for cutting purposes, and is used strictly for magickal purposes only.

As an elemental tool of the craft, in most traditions it is associated with the elements of Air.

The phallic symbolism of the knife links it with the God.

A sword can be used instead or in addition, though swords are usually for more expensive.

Daggers aren't too hard to find, and you don't need to purchase one of the many fancy and expensive ones on sale. A simple hunting knife or steak knife will do, as long as its blade is double-edged.

It is never intended to be used as a stabbing weapon; instead, it's a sacred weapon used for strictly magickal purposes.

La Force

My first impression of the Ace of Swords ` Sylphs

My first impression of the Ace of Swords ` Sylphs. I like this card second best of the Aces.

It reminds me of a Sword I own, speaking of which, I just decided to dig it out. I haven't looked at this sword in over a year. Okay I am looking at it know, it comes in a good size box (gray) with an image of the sword on the top. It's call "knife of the earth" art no:CK257. I'll google that to see if I can locate an image of it, if not I take a picture and post it. I did notice in my book of shadows that I commented lots about it. wow opening the box, this is just gorgeous, holy. The blade is very sharp double bladed, oh cool it has moveable spike like things that are on the Handle close to the blade. You can have them straight out or move them inwards at any position. wicked. I'm going to google you may want to see this.

ETA: Nope could not find it on google. so here are some pictures of it. showing the cool moving things. sorry I don't know what they are called. sorry my lighting is bad, so the pictures aren't fab.

The length of the Athame / Knife is 1' 8" long from tip of handle - tip of blade. The Blade only is 11" long. This is pretty big I say. for a Knife. lol This is too sharp and dangerous to have laying out in the open back in to the trunk it goes. It was cool to look at it again. :) I have more and bigger ones in the trunk they can stay there. lol

Attachments

• 20140107_234713.jpg
    20140107_234713.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 136
  • 20140107_234741.jpg
    20140107_234741.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 142
  • 20140107_234759.jpg
    20140107_234759.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 138