Looking for spread - which of my friends are expendable?

Amy-2609

I want to cut away the dead wood from my life. I feel like one of my friend groups has run it's course, or I have realised that I don't entirely gel with these people.

I am looking for a spread that will help me identify which people are worth keeping in my life, and the ones that are expendable. It's not that I HATE them as people, I just don't see myself wanting to remain close friends with them anymore. Having said that, one or two of them have proven to me, on occasion, that they ARE worth having in my life. So, I don't want to go cutting out people who are actually... good or nice or caring towards me.

So, does anyone know of a spread?

Chiriku

Interesting spread idea.

I checked your profile to make sure you own more than one deck. Why not try a 2-deck spread for something different?

How's this:

Part I

Shuffle Deck #1 and lay out the following spread positions:

***************** ********(1)*************************************
*******************(2)***********(3)******************************

*******************(4)***********(5)*************************

(1) Me as I am in My Friendships --look at yourself as an outside observer would. What dynamic do you bring to your friendships? What type of situations or feelings do you generate in others? How are you positioned in relation to others around you?

(2) What I Want/Seek in My Friendships --this is what you consciously desire, what you would shop for in a friend if you could.

(3) What I Need in My Friendships -- this is what is good for you as a person, your growth, your peace of mind. It may not necessarily align with the card in position #2.

(4) What Behaviors or Choices of Mine Have Contributed to Negative Friendship Experiences?

(5) What I Can Do (or Stop Doing) to Cultivate Positive Friendships in My Life

Part II

Shuffle and use Deck #2 for this part. You can lay them out from left to right underneath the above spread from Part I.

(A) Potential "Keeper" Friends --People with this characteristic, attribute or situation are worth investing further time and energy in

(B) Potential "Move On" Friends -- People with this characteristic, attribute or situation are not the most beneficial to your future growth and happiness and it may not be worth your time and effort to try to salvage the relationships(s).

Amy-2609

Thank you! Brilliant spread :)

Just one question - how many A B cards would I lay down? 1 for each friend, or doesn't it matter?

Hemera

That is an interesting spread idea and a great spread! I don´t think we had anything like this in our Tarot Spreads Index so I added it there (to post#6).

Chiriku

Thank you! Brilliant spread :)

Just one question - how many A B cards would I lay down? 1 for each friend, or doesn't it matter?

You're welcome. Lay down as many as you like if you have lots of friends...but no cheating! I.e. purposely putting down 10 cards in category A and 2 in B.

I also had the idea to go through beforehand and make a list of all your friends and predesignate a card for each of them, such that you will instantly recognize it's them if that card comes up in Part II.

Thanks for adding it to the index, Hemera. You're always on top of things around here; great mod.