Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Books Free Tarot Readings Forum Community What's New

Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Decks

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your Tarot cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot lovers, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post your thoughts, share readings, search, save threads, view extra boards and more.

post a reply

WhiteWolfy 
Keeper of the Light

The Everyday Tarot - Poppy Palin

I was just looking at the Poppy Palin site and saw that she is creating a new tarot deck & book set. I wondered if anyone knew anymore about it, when it was due for release or any more info? It doesn't say on her site but shows some of the cards for anyone interested. I like it

http://www.poppypalin.org/tarot.htm

Old 01-02-2014 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #1
Moonbow 
Citizen

I love Poppy's artwork, especially the eyes. Would love to have the waking the Wild Spirit deck again, for me it reads like a Marseilles. This new deck looks interesting, and looks like it's been in the making since 2012.

I'll be watching this space. Good luck Poppy!

OMG The High Priestess is wearing Dr Martens... I'm hooked.

Last edited by Moonbow; 04-02-2014 at 05:06.
Moonbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #2
BodhiSeed 
Citizen

Poppy is such a nice person, and I'm happy to hear she's working on a new deck. Thanks for letting us know, WhiteWolfy!

"When I was a young man, I admired clever people. Now that I am older, I admire kind people." ~ Rabbi Milton Steinberg
BodhiSeed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #3
shadowdancer 
Citizen

OMG... the Everyday Tarot is the type of deck I have been waiting YEARS to see. Every single image made my heart have a wee beat for sure.

You NEVER hear me enthuse like this, based on a deck in the creation stage, based on a few images. That fool card?? Fantastic. Devil Card?? Bloomin' brilliant.

I am contacting her to get info as to how far into the process it is, any projected publication date. The only other modern deck I have which I enjoy using is the Today' Journey. This will trump it due to the artwork being cleaner and easier to read, as well as showing personalities, emotions etc.

Wow. I have become so picky these days with buying decks. Last year there were just two purchases. This year there may only be one. This is going to be a must have for me.

H

Old 04-02-2014 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #4
magpie9 
Citizen

I am really interested in this new deck! Shadowdancer, please post when you hear back from her.

*All spelling by Luck and Chance, deal with it the best you can *
magpie9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #5
stellar4 
Citizen

Yes, I've been following this one with interest for a while - certainly one I'll be buying! The artwork is so grounded and earthy but radiates something very joyful too; everything is so alive.
I love her WTWS deck and find something new in it every time I work with it.
She is a lovely good hearted person and a true friend to all animals, and I've no doubt that local animal charities will be getting a big slice of any monies she makes on this new venture. Definately worth supporting on all fronts.....
stellar4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #6
shadowdancer 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by magpie9 View Post
I am really interested in this new deck! Shadowdancer, please post when you hear back from her.
I have had a reply. Poppy is now aware that there is very real interest in this deck, and I think with our energy and support will be re-kindling it. It looks to good not to see the light of day IMO.

Davina

Old 04-02-2014 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #7
herself 
Just winging it.

Wow - I just had a look and I'm blown away by those cards as well. I love how full of life the characters in the cards are - love that Empress!

Old 04-02-2014 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #8
Disa 
The last in line

The cards are just beautiful. I really love the Death Card. The High Priestess looks so... I dunno forlorn, or just lost and her animals in the card seem agitated, too. A great card, but I have to work out it's meaning. (I can remember feeling this way as a teen, abilities manifesting and unsure what to do about it- but as a High Priestess I would have thought she would be more sure or maybe she just doesn't like what she sees is coming?)

ODW-Druidcraft 02/02/2013-06/21/2013
IDS-Buckland Romani 6/17/2008-10/11/2008
IDS-Tarot of the Crone 3/17/2008-6/17/2008

https://disawylde.wordpress.com/
Disa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #9
daphne 
Citizen

Beautiful Death card!
daphne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #10
  post a reply

Latest Threads in Tarot Decks

Latest Threads in Talking Tarot

Latest Threads in Using Tarot Cards

Go ad-free and support us too - upgrade your account to subscriber today