Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Live Tarot Readings Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

The Everyday Tarot - Poppy Palin

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Decks

Resident

Flaxen 
Resident

This looks like another stunning deck from her and I'm glad she is aware of the positive comments it is generating. I love my Waking the Wild Spirit and this seems like a great modern deck.
Top   #21
Source Heiress

MoonGypsy 
Source Heiress

Oh goodness! i just discovered this thread, and i am so pleased to see
that Poppy is working on another deck. i adore her art [and writing]. And she is such a dear person. i still cherish my Waking the Wild Spirit Set i got from her a few years back...

i really am quite excited! The cards she has done so far are fantastic! i LOVE the
High Priestess, the Sun and Death! i will be glued to this thread...
Top   #22
Citizen

EightWands 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonGypsy View Post
Oh goodness! i just discovered this thread, and i am so pleased to see
that Poppy is working on another deck. i adore her art [and writing]. And she is such a dear person. i still cherish my Waking the Wild Spirit Set i got from her a few years back...

i really am quite excited! The cards she has done so far are fantastic! i LOVE the
High Priestess, the Sun and Death! i will be glued to this thread...
Me too. Amazing deck! I love the Tower card!
Top   #23
Citizen

shadowdancer 
Citizen

Poppy is back working on the deck, and I for one am so pleased! Repeating myself I know, but the genre of 21st century image driven tarot decks are not that common. I soooo love using decks that use day to day, instantly relatable imagery. My sitters can relate to them so easily and it makes for a wonderful reading experience for both parties.

Anyways Strength is now up on her website (Scroll down a wee bit):

http://www.poppypalin.org/news.htm

This card is one that I usually feel blah about. I have to explain the inner strength thing, and it does at times feel a bit bland.

This just shouts it out at you In addition I think it tells a story as opposed to being just representative. And I love the Newfoundland dog being present. It has the strength to easily pull her head over heels if it had the want. (And knowing that breed, as puppies they certainly do!) Yet it has reined in that wild side and is as serene as anything. Let alone the trust she has to have that it won't do that to her - that it will be there for her but won't upend her due to over exuberance. Fantastic depiction, and easier to tap into than the traditional renditions.

Keep sending her thoughts, messages and energy. This deck so deserves to come into being. For now I only have the Bright Idea deck (which I love and use a lot) and the Today's Journey deck (which I love but is a bit painful on the eyes at times).
Top   #24
Seeker

Cocobird55 
Seeker

I think this deck has great possibilities -- I hope that she finishes it.
Top   #25
Citizen

nisaba 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonbow View Post
OMG The High Priestess is wearing Dr Martens... I'm hooked.
<cackle> In keeping with the healing theme of the card.
Top   #26
Citizen

daphne 
Citizen

I totally completely dont like the Strength card. It makes me very sad.
Top   #27
Citizen

Winterchild 
Citizen

Wow...

Gotta sayn that when I saw the name 'Everyday Tarot' I was immediately on my guard ane began to think of modern pagan type tarots. The cards are a total delight, the only one I don't much care for so far is The Fool, he has a kind of puppet face that reminds me of a ventriloquist dummy on British TV, that used to freak me out a a kid!!

Yes Death is stunning as is Strength, these are so different to what the title conveys... I kind of think it deserves to be called The Everyday Magic Tarot... each card has a message thathas the power to create magic in the viewers life.

Top   #28
Citizen

BodhiSeed 
Citizen

Any idea how many cards she's already finished? [Still cheering you on from the sidelines, Poppy!]
Top   #29
Citizen

Eyebright 
Citizen

I love what I have seen so far of the deck, it's a real winner for me. I really hope Poppy will finish it, this is the kind of deck I have been looking for!
Top   #30

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.