Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews - Tarot Forum - Free Tarot Readings - Tarot Card Meanings - Tarot Spreads

The Everyday Tarot - Poppy Palin

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Decks

Citizen

lightpers 

Thanks for sharing Whitewolfy, i love the artwork and the way the artist represent the cards!

hope the deck will soon asap be publish!
Top   #71
Always learning.....

Thoughtful 

For those following the creation of this Tarot Deck, and in case you have not seen Poppy's recent additions she has added......

Knight of Wands
7 Coins
6 Coins
7 Cups

l am really looking forward to this Tarot
http://www.poppypalin.org/tarot.htm[/QUOTE]
Top   #72
Source Heiress

MoonGypsy 

Thank You for the update! i adore Poppy and her art, and cannot wait
for this deck to be completed and available. xoxox
Top   #73
Citizen

HuskyChariot 

That Temperance card is really interesting. I had to look twice.

The world card is pleasing as well.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - I'm really looking forward to this one!

Top   #74
Citizen

BodhiSeed 

I like the World card; it reminds me of the Council of Grandmothers:
http://www.poppypalin.org/c-world.jpg
http://www.grandmotherscouncil.org/
Top   #75
Citizen

shadowdancer 

I said on a different thread, the courts in this deck are the best I have seen anywhere. You just know the energy, personality, suit etc from the image in an instant.

Keep sending thoughts for Poppy - unbelievably she still has not had a publisher take it up. This deck needs to see the light of day. IMO it is better than many that are being published through publishers at the moment.
Top   #76
Citizen

auntie 

I agree (about the court cards and all the other compliments)! The cards are clearly designed not just by a real artist, but by someone who knows how to use a deck with skill. It's so unusual! I'm so tired of all these decks with nice art that have little relation to the traditional divinatory meanings - nice to look at, impossible, or at best inefficient to read with. And I am especially interested in modern imagery that includes urban elements and environments that are not just a style choice. How can this not find a publisher? Llewellyn, Schiffer, US Games - I don't think any of them have decks as good as this out recently or on the way. I'm not dissing the other decks for fun or aesthetic - I'm just talking about decks where the art really thoughtfully portrays the interpretation of the card.
Top   #77
Citizen

shadowdancer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntie View Post
I agree (about the court cards and all the other compliments)! The cards are clearly designed not just by a real artist, but by someone who knows how to use a deck with skill. It's so unusual! I'm so tired of all these decks with nice art that have little relation to the traditional divinatory meanings - nice to look at, impossible, or at best inefficient to read with. And I am especially interested in modern imagery that includes urban elements and environments that are not just a style choice. How can this not find a publisher? Llewellyn, Schiffer, US Games - I don't think any of them have decks as good as this out recently or on the way. I'm not dissing the other decks for fun or aesthetic - I'm just talking about decks where the art really thoughtfully portrays the interpretation of the card.
Well said.... this is a genuine reading deck of terrific substance. And it is a modern day deck - something we see so little of in the tarot world. I know Schiffer turned it down, even though I had contacted them and pleaded with them to give it due attention.

How many people contacting a publisher does it take for them to actually give serious consideration I wonder. This has so much going for it, and it will be more than a shame if a publisher looks past it and offers another deck that is pretty but not a deck that has potential to be a real workhorse of a reading deck.
Top   #78
Thursday's Child

Wendywu 

This is a brilliant deck. It is the first non TdM that I have wanted in a long time, but I know I will be buying this one.

Anyone know a deck publisher Gregory? That they could point at the website?

The other option is Gamecrafter - and I daresay Lynryd (Blue Fusion) would be happy to give some advice on that one if asked.
Top   #79
Citizen

HuskyChariot 

If publishing equals borders ... I actually hope it ends up being self-published, sans borders with the artist having some control over the final look and feel.
Top   #80

More interesting threads on the Aeclectic Tarot Forum...

Elsewhere on Aeclectic Tarot
· Tarot Cards & Reviews
· Free Tarot Readings
· What's New
· Tarot Card Meanings

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2021 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.