New Car, I hope.

Amanda

Getting down to the wire on the need for another vehicle... can't prolong it much longer.

I've found a place within my community which seems promising that might be able to help me (they seem to advertise that they help those with limited finances and with building credit).
They also seem to have nicer vehicles than those of the "buy-here-pay-here" dealership varieties.

I found one that I like that seems like a solid deal... and I put an application in to see what happens.

RWS/No reversals

Will I be the new owner of that car?

Page of Cups + 3 of Pentacles + 6 of Cups

Not sure I see "ownership" but offers. The little fish in the cup seems like me... they caught my interest, and will be delighted to help this little fish get back into the water to continue on with my swimming. That seems awfully nice for car dealership folks.

The dealer is the man standing on the bench in the 3, perhaps showing his collection -- but I have asked specifically about a certain car. So I wonder if he'll have something else in mind for me... perhaps due to my limited finances (I don't think I'm being unreasonable though, with the one that I'm interested in). I see my husband and myself as the couple holding the plans in the 3. Describing the one we want, our finances to work with, etc.

Then the 6 of Cups. Boy gives girl a cup with a flower. Is that the one I want and have inquired about being offered? Or perhaps it's my husband offering me comfort when not getting the one that I want. Maybe it's not the one that I want, since a lone cup with flower is sitting behind the boy on a pedestal, and 4 other cups with flowers are sitting lined up at the front of the card... did the boy in the card take the cup he's offering from the ground where all the others sit lined up? If so... that's probably not the one that I want.

So... I think this is saying that these folks might be able to help me with getting a car, but I probably won't be the new owner of the one that I've asked about.

Thoughts?

HotDiggity

Getting the car checklist
You are about to jump into a new relationship and feel all giddy inside about it. I name my cars and keep them forever so, welcome to your new relationship :)-CHECK
I see the 3 of pentacles as you, the dealer, and perhaps the closer of the dealership are negotiating and making plans to bring something into fruition-CHECK, CHECK
Some say that the 6ofC is the soulmate card. You feel connected to it and it is full of happiness and delight just like a child experiencing something for the first time.-CHECK CHECK CHECK
Good luck :)
HD

Reina de Copas

I see your vulnerability and uncertainty in the POC - it takes courage to venture into the hard nosed world of cars and finance when you are sensitive and also with limited resources. The three of pentacles tells you to take heart though - you've laid good foundations and done your homework, and this has led you to a safe harbor and the right dealer and car - it's a lovely exchange (6 o cups) which feels right and comes from a place of trust and integrity. If you do have to take another car - I see this as a possibility - you can trust this dealer to do the right thing by you. This spread feels like a reassurance that you have made the right connection, and that whatever transpires will be reliable and long lasting. I do feel you may miss this particular car - the six- but again, what you get will be a good deal. Good luck!!

LeFou

Hi Amanda_04!

The Page and 6 of Cups might be cautionary -- the salespeople -want- us to get emotionally invested in a particular car, right? 3 of Coins does show a couple with (evidently) financing paperwork, reading the "fine print" while the salesperson distracts us, ha ha!

With a summary of 9, perhaps you keep searching but you might find an even better deal, right?! Hermit does pretty well out there :)

Amanda

So here's what happened:

Hi Amanda_04!

The Page and 6 of Cups might be cautionary -- the salespeople -want- us to get emotionally invested in a particular car, right? 3 of Coins does show a couple with (evidently) financing paperwork, reading the "fine print" while the salesperson distracts us, ha ha!

With a summary of 9, perhaps you keep searching but you might find an even better deal, right?! Hermit does pretty well out there :)

LeFou -- I took your advice!

I can be an emotional NON-BUYER. I used to walk through stores for instance, and have anxiety attacks about buying things that I NEEDED.

But, the deal is... I've been buying cars for cash (with limited funds = not great cars) to get me by and which don't last long (and I'm tired of it).

This guy was funny and nice... and I held out at every turn just about until he offered me his absolutely BEST deal on the car that I wanted. Discussing in front of him with the husband for instance, "Well... maybe we should just wait until we can come up with a better down-payment."

He DID offer me a look at a couple of other vehicles he thought would fit my budget better, but ultimately he said, "I can tell you really want the [car], and I don't want to put you in anything you don't really love." And so... of his own accord, he lowered the price, and offered me a deal -- I'm assuming his "last resort" kind of deal, because I can tell he's going out of his way and I was being pretty stubborn and unemotional about it, to be honest... in kind of a "this car at some point or nothing today" kind of way. :D He wanted to sell me something today, so I used that to my advantage, I think.

It took awhile... I had to stop in the negotiations at one point even, to go pick my kids up from school. LOL He didn't want to give up on selling me a car today, and I didn't want to give up on getting it just right. :D

But it was all very pleasant and nice... he was working hard to see what my limits were, and I feel he gave me his best offer to make the sale -- and he probably thinks I'm a tough cookie after all that...lol... you know, one of "those" customers that nit-picks for "the best". :laugh:

It turns out he used to do a lot of business with my dad, since my dad was just down the road working in auto part sales for years. My dad says he's a good guy to do business with; very ethical.

So... I am the new owner of the car that I wanted. :)

However, I'm still going to be searching for another vehicle... because now I want my husband to have something better.

And I think I've decided I'm going to stick with my job, soak up as many hours and as much experience as possible, AND go back to school to defer my current student loans and widen my options for a better future career. It all just seems like it's coming together in my head a little more now.

Getting the car checklist
You are about to jump into a new relationship and feel all giddy inside about it. I name my cars and keep them forever so, welcome to your new relationship :)-CHECK
I see the 3 of pentacles as you, the dealer, and perhaps the closer of the dealership are negotiating and making plans to bring something into fruition-CHECK, CHECK
Some say that the 6ofC is the soulmate card. You feel connected to it and it is full of happiness and delight just like a child experiencing something for the first time.-CHECK CHECK CHECK
Good luck :)
HD

What a good read of the cards!

I saw this car online and "knew" it was the one for me... just wasn't sure if I could get it or not. Turns out, I did! :D

I actually only dealt with one man through the process, and he was "the" man -- as in, the owner of the whole place. And he's very good at his business. I was impressed from the start when I saw the care and effort he put into his website. The care and effort is evident in his vehicles as well.

As far as the 6 of Cups, yes. And reading your interpretation, I thought of something else -- it feels like I finally made a decision that was "good" for me, rewarding for me, and it wasn't one that I was making because I felt the fear and the need to settle for something "less"... I didn't let this large purchase scare me... I see the good that it's going to do for me and I deserve this something "better". Because all those cars I settled on, that I had to keep putting money into or that didn't last long because I didn't have the money to put into them.... they were just weighing me down and holding me back more, I think.

I see your vulnerability and uncertainty in the POC - it takes courage to venture into the hard nosed world of cars and finance when you are sensitive and also with limited resources. The three of pentacles tells you to take heart though - you've laid good foundations and done your homework, and this has led you to a safe harbor and the right dealer and car - it's a lovely exchange (6 o cups) which feels right and comes from a place of trust and integrity. If you do have to take another car - I see this as a possibility - you can trust this dealer to do the right thing by you. This spread feels like a reassurance that you have made the right connection, and that whatever transpires will be reliable and long lasting. I do feel you may miss this particular car - the six- but again, what you get will be a good deal. Good luck!!

I think you really nailed the essence of the entire exchange... if you read the other feedback I left, you'll see that it turns out my dad has done business with this guy for years, and my dad confirmed this guy's ethics to me. Right dealer, right car, trust and integrity -- absolutely, I think. He did offer me some other good options, and I almost leaned towards another... but really my desire for the one I had read the specs on and already checked out pretty thoroughly was just calling to me. I knew what I wanted, and he could tell, and he conceded a bit to make it more possible. :)

Nice interpretations! I'm happy to report that I got the car that I really, really wanted. :)