tarot magic

Lilianne

Yes.

Actually, you don't need props like cards, or candles, or stones, or herbs when casting spells. You don't even need to know the right words.

All you need in focussed, clear intention, and to send it off in the right direction with an emotional wallop.

Wasn't it Abramelin: "Inflame yourself with prayer!"

hunter

Tarot cards have been my main magic tool. Usually the cards are just silent prayers, placed next to a lit candle. Sometimes I have placed an herb/spice/fruit or crystal on top of the card.

When I have resorted to magic, I've usually been broken. The laying down of the cards is a very simple and very quiet time.

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder is a faith robber. I don't believe or disbelieve in anything. Laying down some cards is clarifying my wants and needs, without putting myself out there to address anything or anyone specific.

The rest of my tools just come from a grocery story or the hiking camping store. They are the simple everyday items I use every day. Except for a few tiny crystals I got in a little kit years ago, that each work as a different amplifier and refiner for the card they are placed on. I use things like rock salt, cinnamon sticks, and even pieces of fruit. And my pocket knife and bandannas. Real stuff. Local stuff. My stuff. The cards are the focal point though. Always.