Do you wear a crystal pendant and if so, which one/s?

MandMaud

My favorites;

a ruby flower burst pendant (bought pendant, strung beads) that I bought before the price hike in 2008.

Also, I have a Antique Shiva pendant I love

and several points too.

My favorite is an odd piece I made over the summer for strength. I'll post that picture later.

Have you a picture of the Shiva as well? :)

I have a little Ganesh ornament I'm very fond of. Took me about three years to work out that he's an incense holder! So now he improves my life even more than he did! :D

Nemia

I have gemstone pendants that my husband made for me - most of them made from simple gemstone donuts. I make my own jewelry from gemstones, earrings and hairsticks. My long hair is important to me, and I love wearing crystals in my hair. (I also make my own tarot amulets.)

My grandmother collected gemstones and crystals, and I was fascinated by them since I was a girl. I started my first collection when I was around ten years old, and began reading about healing with stones many years ago... but still feel that I know very little. Making jewelry and actually wearing crystals has enlarged my knowledge about their properties. I react strongly to colours and textures and looking at crystals makes me really really happy.

I love plain stones, too - I guess most humans love stones, trees, and the sea. I laid a stone spiral in our garden from the many stones lying around there, not very exact but I love it and will continue to make it nicer. I may plant herbs inside the spiral, don't know yet...

MandMaud

I love plain stones, too - I guess most humans love stones, trees, and the sea. I laid a stone spiral in our garden from the many stones lying around there, not very exact but I love it and will continue to make it nicer. I may plant herbs inside the spiral, don't know yet...
I love spirals, and I love your spiral! Herbs is a lovely idea.
Yes, "most humans" but many aren't in touch enough with themselves to realise it, sadly.

celticnoodle

I wear my moldavite and a pietersite crystal on a necklace. I also have a Peruvian lucky bean that I wear with them. It took me awhile to build up to the moldavite, as when I first purchased it, I would get awful headaches and sometimes migraines. The pietersite helps with it.

I chose the moldavite stone because I was taken first by its green color, (my fave color) and the way it looked. When I then investigated the metaphysical properties of it, I knew I had to have it! The moldavite is suppose to help the owner of this stone to communicate with ease. Its also a stone that will help with psychic awareness and is great for the upper chakras as well. Its suppose to be a great help for those who wish to have prophetic dreams. But, when I first purchased it, I couldn't even have it in the bedroom with me--its energy was so strong. This is where the peitersite came into play. I purchased this stone to help 'calm' the moldavite and will also help with shamanic journeys and dreaming too. It worked well for me in calming the effects of the moldavite, so these two gems are always together.

I have a few other gemstones too in jewelry--mostly rings and earrings. Amethyst, Rubies, and opals (I have rings, earrings and necklaces in opals). I would like to make more of my crystals into pendants though-to hang on the same necklace or one alone. Some I chose because I love the color of them, some were chosen for their specific 'gift'. I have many beautiful rose quartz - a bracelet and pocket stones that I use to carry a lot and still do at times when I feel the need. I also use to carry a pouch that had many different stones in them, depending on what I felt my need was for the day. I don't carry it as much now though.
Are there any crystals that you feel have a positive or negative effect on you, when worn as jewellery?
the moldavite by itself seems to be too much for me. So, I always wear it and keep with the pietersite.

I always wear a Nuummite pendant during my waking hours. It is heart shaped, and I wear it for its ability to ground me and protect me from energetic intrusions. I love it!
never heard of this crystal, Apollonia, so googled it. I like it! I will have to try and find it.

I have gemstone pendants that my husband made for me - most of them made from simple gemstone donuts. I make my own jewelry from gemstones, earrings and hairsticks. My long hair is important to me, and I love wearing crystals in my hair. (I also make my own tarot amulets.)
oh how lucky you are! It must be extra special--these crystals---too, with the love of your husband in them all.
yes, true. I do love stones--even the plain ones. I often pick them up when on my walks. I love your spiral! it makes me want to do the same. I have often dreamed of making a labyrinth in our yard and put plants around it, but the hubby is not sharing in that dream with me. :( so, it does not get done. We have a lot of natural slate in our yard, and it often comes washing down the hills into our creek bed--so easy to get, along with large rocks that I think would help to make an awesome labyrinth. One day I will do it!

I enjoyed everyones posts. gives me many stones to investigate that I don't know about. wonderful thread, darling!

MandMaud

I wear my moldavite and a pietersite crystal on a necklace. I also have a Peruvian lucky bean that I wear with them. It took me awhile to build up to the moldavite, as when I first purchased it, I would get awful headaches and sometimes migraines. The pietersite helps with it.
I had the same experience getting used to carnelian, not headaches but all-over aches, had to begin with 15 mins/day. It was for energy and all-over ache that I wanted it in the first place. Relieved it was useful in the end!

I'm glad you mentioned pietersite, I hadn't heard of it and have now looked it up, and it looks good for me too.

The moldavite is suppose to help the owner of this stone to communicate with ease. Its also a stone that will help with psychic awareness and is great for the upper chakras as well. Its suppose to be a great help for those who wish to have prophetic dreams. But, when I first purchased it, I couldn't even have it in the bedroom with me--its energy was so strong.
Do you find it helps now, with those things?

yes, true. I do love stones--even the plain ones. I often pick them up when on my walks.
I've always done that; I grew up in Brighton, near the beach (English Channel) which has no sand, except when the tide's out, and with my gran I used to collect pebbles to paint with faces depending on what the shapes made us think of. And find the occasional stiff-as-stone dead starfish, or once an enormous leg of a crab. I've never lost the habit of pocketing any stones, or shells, that catch my eye. Just recently I found out it's illegal to remove any shingle from a beach! Oops... :D

We have a lot of natural slate in our yard, and it often comes washing down the hills into our creek bed--so easy to get, along with large rocks that I think would help to make an awesome labyrinth. One day I will do it!
That's funny - natural slate is really expensive here.

I love your labyrinth idea!

celticnoodle

I had the same experience getting used to carnelian, not headaches but all-over aches, had to begin with 15 mins/day. It was for energy and all-over ache that I wanted it in the first place. Relieved it was useful in the end!
I don't think I knew that carnelian is useful for all over aches. I have some-but picked them out mainly because I thought they were pretty in color. I should look into using them during my chakra meditation and hope they will help me with my aches and pains all over. :) My all over aches and pains are not quite as bad as they use to be, thanks to diet changes and my tens unit--but I'm always on the lookout for other ways too. I'm beginning to have lots of problems with aches in my feet now--more then before. Perhaps carnelian will help with that. thanks for the idea!

I'm glad you mentioned pietersite, I hadn't heard of it and have now looked it up, and it looks good for me too.

Do you find it helps now, with those things?
OMG, YES! The pietersite is wonderful! I absolutely LOVE it. It really tones the energy of the moldavite down a lot. I will never be w/o it if I have moldavite near me. Its also a very pretty stone. Now, mine is polished up nicely, and wrapped in sterling silver, like the moldavite, but I still think it is beautiful to behold. :)

had to edited to add as I forgot--yes, the moldavite did help me a lot with communicating with more spirits and perhaps even clearer, I think. Its hard to explain, but sometimes the connection between me and the spirit world was as easy to make as if they were still living people coming by to visit me. I could feel them touching me, hold their hands and walk with them, and see them so clearly. Though, I'm not 100% sure it was the moldavite--I'm giving it much of the credit.

I have the ability to move into their body--so I can connect easier with them, identifying their life issues--(how they died, any medical ailments they had, etc). It was/is always just so easy that I don't necessarily 'feel' the merge, if you get what I mean? Hard to describe it in words, really.

I've always done that; I grew up in Brighton, near the beach (English Channel) which has no sand, except when the tide's out, and with my gran I used to collect pebbles to paint with faces depending on what the shapes made us think of. And find the occasional stiff-as-stone dead starfish, or once an enormous leg of a crab. I've never lost the habit of pocketing any stones, or shells, that catch my eye. Just recently I found out it's illegal to remove any shingle from a beach! Oops... :D

That's funny - natural slate is really expensive here.

I love your labyrinth idea!
:) that made me smile to read you do the same thing. I grew up in 'crab' country, and once when we took our daughter to visit friends of ours in MD, they live right on the water and have crab pots over their dock. So, the friend made very fresh crab cakes for our lunch and saved one of the crabs, cleaned the shell very well for our daughter to keep. She still has it, I think. Hubby & I also purchased a crab shell that was well cleaned out and painted to look like Santa Claus. :laugh: Its a tree ornament and obviously very fragile, but it makes me think of our friends, Mr & Mrs R above each time I pull it out. Even though I got that one at a gift shop.

I love to pick up rocks and shells. We have rocks and shells (when I can get them) from every foreign country we've been in. Unfortunately, I forget which rocks and shells came from which country now, because I just keep them in a dish. :laugh: But, we love to collect them.

When we lived in Vermont, slate was even more plentiful! Our home there sat on top of a hill and the driveway went downhill--which was always hell in the winter. So, we had it built up and leveled off with the house. The man who did the work had a lot of land and most of it was ladeled with slate--so we bought the slate rock from him and it was so huge and heavy, it had to be brought into our home on a huge flat bed truck and a crane had to put the pieces in place. It was gorgeous! You could see the impressions of different bugs and such that were in the slate from hundreds or perhaps thousands of years. Way cool. It also turned out to be the greatest little hot house in Vermont for plants. On the other side of this slate walled driveway, we put our vegetable garden. Our tomato plants grew to be about 8' tall and LOADED with tomatoes. Our sage and basil and other herb plants also grew huge--they were big bushes, so large you couldn't put your arms around them! Even two people could barely put their arms around them hand to hand. Greenbeans were the same way. The slate absorbed the heat and really helped our plants there. I so miss that house now, though I never thought I'd say that! :laugh:

here in New York, we do find slate rock--but not as large as we could get in Vermont. Those were BOULDERS!

MandMaud

I don't think I knew that carnelian is useful for all over aches.
I don't know if I read that. I was looking for something for fibromyalgia and I was very tired so I know I looked up fatigue. With me, I think of the ache and the tiredness as the same thing. If I get tired from concentrating, my body aches, and if I work too long physically, my brain goes fuzzy - so they are behaving as all one thing. I feel privileged, in fact, that the whole of my system tells me when I've done too much or am getting to the point of having overdone it, whichever kind of doing it is. Otherwise it's so easy to take something too far (late-night forum browsing for example! ;)) and most people's road signs are much less clear.

My all over aches and pains are not quite as bad as they use to be, thanks to diet changes and my tens unit--but I'm always on the lookout for other ways too. I'm beginning to have lots of problems with aches in my feet now--more then before. Perhaps carnelian will help with that. thanks for the idea!
I'm glad you're finding out what helps. :) It's a learning curve; a wise doctor I heard said this condition didn't strike overnight, you can't expect to solve it overnight either. It took years to reach this point, basically. So I'm glad when I hear someone's journey has turned in the right direction.

I have no idea about feet and carnelian... my own feet rarely ache, but they do go very cold, except after 7pm when they're usually too hot! All I know about feet in the "woowoo" field :D is that they go with Pisces. Which doesn't help much. :D

OMG, YES! The pietersite is wonderful! I absolutely LOVE it.
You've got it onto my list now! Y'know, The List. ;)

yes, the moldavite did help me a lot with communicating with more spirits and perhaps even clearer, I think. Its hard to explain, but sometimes the connection between me and the spirit world was as easy to make as if they were still living people coming by to visit me. I could feel them touching me, hold their hands and walk with them, and see them so clearly. Though, I'm not 100% sure it was the moldavite--I'm giving it much of the credit.

I have the ability to move into their body--so I can connect easier with them, identifying their life issues--(how they died, any medical ailments they had, etc). It was/is always just so easy that I don't necessarily 'feel' the merge, if you get what I mean? Hard to describe it in words, really.
Wow. Gosh. And you don't need to describe it. Time for me to go googling yet again, modavite this time...

the friend made very fresh crab cakes for our lunch and saved one of the crabs, cleaned the shell very well for our daughter to keep. She still has it, I think.
I've only once eaten crab and I didn't like the white meat, only the dark. Just to be odd. But that was years ago and I should try it again, tastes change over a lifetime. Once in Bali I saw a beachful of "giant" crabs - far bigger than any others I've seen, anyway - all over, on the sand and in rock pools, between rocks and "rubble" of the sea, which was scattered across the beach. Then the instant anyone moved or spoke, even gently, they all vanished. Then slowly back again they came. Creepy, and very beautiful and fascinating.

Unfortunately, I forget which rocks and shells came from which country now, because I just keep them in a dish. :laugh: But, we love to collect them.
I have feathers like that. :)

It also turned out to be the greatest little hot house in Vermont for plants.
Well then my garden needs some. I have this insane passion for growing desert plants! In one of the rainiest and muddiest counties of England!!

celticnoodle

I don't know if I read that. I was looking for something for fibromyalgia and I was very tired so I know I looked up fatigue. With me, I think of the ache and the tiredness as the same thing. If I get tired from concentrating, my body aches, and if I work too long physically, my brain goes fuzzy - so they are behaving as all one thing. I feel privileged, in fact, that the whole of my system tells me when I've done too much or am getting to the point of having overdone it, whichever kind of doing it is. Otherwise it's so easy to take something too far (late-night forum browsing for example! ;)) and most people's road signs are much less clear.
same here. I also have fibromyalgia and a few other health issues that cause muscle aches and pains, sleeping disorders, and much more. I know exactly what you're experiencing. I experience this too. I was tested for Lupus and Lymes Disease, once. Both tests say I do not have either--but I've been told by others (not doctors) that one test is not always enough-that you need to continue testing. :rolleyes: I have not brought this up to the doctors since the results of the first test. I am getting tired of being a pin cushion. :laugh:

I'm glad you're finding out what helps. :) It's a learning curve; a wise doctor I heard said this condition didn't strike overnight, you can't expect to solve it overnight either. It took years to reach this point, basically. So I'm glad when I hear someone's journey has turned in the right direction.

I have no idea about feet and carnelian... my own feet rarely ache, but they do go very cold, except after 7pm when they're usually too hot! All I know about feet in the "woowoo" field :D is that they go with Pisces. Which doesn't help much. :D

yes, I've been lucky lately with various things that help me. As for my feet, mine are always freezing cold! my hands too! :laugh: sometimes they have a bluish tint--which are always checked into. I have very bad blood flow. You should see how I dress for bed--flannels head to toe! :laugh: Feet issues go with Pisces eh? I am a Libra, but moon in Pisces. My feet generally hurt to the point that I'm barely able to walk. But, I am also flat footed, and so that doesn't help matters any. And, it is true that this did not come about over night. Heck, there was a time when I would go into the doctor with excrutiating pain in my spine, hips, feet and the doctor would call me a baby and send me home saying there was nothing wrong with me. That also just happened less then 4 years ago and when I finally found my new doctor-it was confirmed that I had two dislocated discs, severe osteoporosis in spine and hips. I know doctors can't know everything--but it is really discouraging at times too, and I'm thankful that I found a doctor who listens and WILL take necessary action.

You've got it onto my list now! Y'know, The List. ;)

Wow. Gosh. And you don't need to describe it. Time for me to go googling yet again, modavite this time...
:laugh: yes, I know what you mean by "the List". My list is ever growing.. and, don't you just LOVE google?! How did we ever live without it? :laugh:

I've only once eaten crab and I didn't like the white meat, only the dark. Just to be odd. But that was years ago and I should try it again, tastes change over a lifetime. Once in Bali I saw a beachful of "giant" crabs - far bigger than any others I've seen, anyway - all over, on the sand and in rock pools, between rocks and "rubble" of the sea, which was scattered across the beach. Then the instant anyone moved or spoke, even gently, they all vanished. Then slowly back again they came. Creepy, and very beautiful and fascinating.
wow. that is eery sounding! MD crabs are not that large, obviously.

I have feathers like that. :)

Well then my garden needs some. I have this insane passion for growing desert plants! In one of the rainiest and muddiest counties of England!!
good luck! :laugh: you might be better off with inside cactus plants or other desert plants with weather like that. :D

MandMaud

I am getting tired of being a pin cushion. :laugh:
IKWYM!

I know doctors can't know everything--but it is really discouraging at times too, and I'm thankful that I found a doctor who listens and WILL take necessary action.
In my experience doctors fall into the two extremes, dismissive or wonderful; I've learnt to identify and walk away from the former very fast. Once i had a swelling bigger than a golf ball on the back of my right hand, couldn't use the hand (and I'm right-handed), could barely move the wrist - he x-rayed (what?! it was so obviously not going to show on an x-ray) and because the bones were fine, told me there was nothing wrong. When I pushed, he said "What do you want me to do? Wave a magic wand?" Same happened once when my son couldn't put his foot down flat and his guy said the same, quote: "Apart from the pain and the loss of range of movement, there's no problem. I'm discharging you." Unbelievable. But the guy I went to for a second opinion was in the wonderful category. Those I hang onto until they retire - which they seem to when I turn up. :( maybe I exhaust them. ;)

You have prompted all sorts of thoughts about feet, but I'll PM because it's highly off topic! After my lunch though. Just got bacon grease on the keyboard which is telling me I ought to stop grazing and trying to multi-task.

wow. that is eery sounding! MD crabs are not that large, obviously.
It's not obvious from here...

good luck! :laugh: you might be better off with inside cactus plants or other desert plants with weather like that. :D
Most of mine are. But for outdoors, I have desert-envy. Also an ambition to grow a banana plant. :D

Sulis

I wear 2 crystal pendants every day, both on silver chains; a lapis lazuli with lots of pyrite inclusions and a black agate stone with silver inclusions - it looks like the cosmos and is absolutely gorgeous...
Sometimes I wear a large Baltic amber piece too.