Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

Any tarot decks similar to Shadowscapes and Dreaming Way?

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Decks

Citizen

kimtsan 
Citizen
Any tarot decks similar to Shadowscapes and Dreaming Way?

I'm a sucker for fantasy-themed deck and I'm just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for tarot decks (or oracle decks) similar to the artwork in Shadowscapes and Dreaming Way. For oracle decks, I really love the artwork in Enchanted Map by Colette Baron Reid--any suggestions for that, too? Oh, and does anyone know of any tarot decks that are independently published but are overlooked awesome decks??? I'm a collector, so I am always looking out for new discoveries.

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/shadowscapes/
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/dreaming-way/
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards...ed-map-oracle/

Thanks in advance! xoxo
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #1
Citizen

nisaba 
Citizen

Here'sa link to the 7th World Deck, which you might or might not like.

Taste in Tarot is so subjective that if two people love the same deck, one of them will probably hate a deck the other one loves. I cannot look at my deck and, from your post, recommend decks you'll certainly like. If you rummaged through my collection, I'd probably be quite surprised by some of the ones you like - I know I'm hugely surprised every time a Tarot friend whom I know very well turns up and goes through the collection, he's always liking decks I thought wouldn't interest him, or passing on decks I thought he'd love.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #2
Citizen

GryffinSong 
Citizen

Jody Bergsma is a wonderful nature and fantasy artist who has two oracle decks out. I have both, and love them. One is called Spirit of the Wheel, and is full of animals and native american images. The other is called Magical Times, and is fantasy.

http://www.bergsma.com/inspirational...cks-c-133.html
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #3
Citizen

Melia 
Citizen

Ciro Marchetti's Oracle of Visions (standard edition), to be published by U.S. Games, will be released this year. You may want to take a look.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #4
Citizen

kimtsan 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by nisaba View Post
Here'sa link to the 7th World Deck, which you might or might not like.

Taste in Tarot is so subjective that if two people love the same deck, one of them will probably hate a deck the other one loves. I cannot look at my deck and, from your post, recommend decks you'll certainly like. If you rummaged through my collection, I'd probably be quite surprised by some of the ones you like - I know I'm hugely surprised every time a Tarot friend whom I know very well turns up and goes through the collection, he's always liking decks I thought wouldn't interest him, or passing on decks I thought he'd love.
I took a look! The artwork looks amazing! I do prefer having actual pictures on the minor arcana cards, though. Having that said, I might just acquire it to add to my collection... Thanks for the recommendation!
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #5
Citizen

kimtsan 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by GryffinSong View Post
Jody Bergsma is a wonderful nature and fantasy artist who has two oracle decks out. I have both, and love them. One is called Spirit of the Wheel, and is full of animals and native american images. The other is called Magical Times, and is fantasy.

http://www.bergsma.com/inspirational...cks-c-133.html
Both decks look stunning...adding that to my to-buy list.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #6
Citizen

kimtsan 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melia View Post
Ciro Marchetti's Oracle of Visions (standard edition), to be published by U.S. Games, will be released this year. You may want to take a look.
I KNOW THIS DECK!!! I think it's been published before but got sold out or something? Maybe I'm remembering something else. I'M BUYING IT AS SOON AS IT COMES OUT. Is there pre-ordering, I wonder...
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #7
Citizen

GlitterNova 
Citizen

Check out Paulina Cassidy's decks--The Paulina Tarot and the Joie de Vivre Tarot. I'd also suggest the Tarot of the Dream Enchantress if you like the watercolor style of artwork used in the Dreaming Way tarot.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #8
cat slave

Dee Ell 
cat slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitterNova View Post
Check out Paulina Cassidy's decks--The Paulina Tarot and the Joie de Vivre Tarot. I'd also suggest the Tarot of the Dream Enchantress if you like the watercolor style of artwork used in the Dreaming Way tarot.
The Dream Enchantress is indeed beautiful GlitterNova! I'm just wondering if you find it readable? A common theme I've noticed here is that people become enamoured of a deck's artwork, but as time passes they agree it's just nice to take out and look at, but not read with...
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #9
Citizen

kimtsan 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitterNova View Post
I have the Paulina Tarot!! And I just checked out Tarot of the Dream Enchantress. It looks absolutely stunning!! *add to to-buy* Sigh. So many amazing, beautiful decks out there...!
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #10

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.