Why do people see The World negatively?

greatdane

Not sure who "people" are, but it really depends on the reading as to how one sees a card, the cards next to it, if there is a question involved or a general reading. I don't personally see the World as inherently negative or positive. I don't see any card as always negative or positive.

GotH

:) I'm one of them who doesn't like the World card. I once did a reading asking how things would go between myself and someone I really cared about. WORLD. It indicated an end to us. Now that may have been a really good thing.... For him.

nisaba

It may also have been a really good thing for you, if the relationship would have made you miserable for years into the future if the two of you had chosen to stay together.

Sometimes an ending *is* a really good thing. You don't know what misery that ending protected you from, because you didn't have to live through it.

GotH

It may also have been a really good thing for you, if the relationship would have made you miserable for years into the future if the two of you had chosen to stay together.

Sometimes an ending *is* a really good thing. You don't know what misery that ending protected you from, because you didn't have to live through it.

Looking at it that way.. Yes, you are right. He has some major issues with women due to an insecure childhood. I prolly would have been miserable but at the time I felt suspended in mid air while the world kept turning.. I'm pretty sure I came out of that situation with less scars than other women have that's for sure.

ravenest

I see the World as more of a final OUTCOME than a final ENDING.

It's what comes after the =

Amanda

I see the World as more of a final OUTCOME than a final ENDING.

It's what comes after the =

:D

I see the Wheel as a final outcome, rather than the World.

The World has represented a muse to me, and the Super Bowl. It's the accomplishment of a great undertaking... for me.

ravenest

The Wheel is turning and revolving ... the final outcome is yet to be decided, The Wheel is a process, like alchemical circulation. I dont see it as the result. The result is the 'homunculus' of the Universe (which still 'circulates within its outcome' ... or manifested matter and consciousness bought about by circulatory (experience) principles.

But ... Yeah... to your; " accomplishment of a great undertaking."

GotH

I don't see the Wheel as a result either. It's more like what goes up, must come down so be ready for it. The World is like... Ah ha! There it is..

etherealtarot

Why do you have a problem with endings?

I have trouble with endings whether they be good or bad. It takes me a while to accept. Even in situations that most would be happy to leave hurts me.

Amanda

The Wheel is turning and revolving ... the final outcome is yet to be decided, The Wheel is a process, like alchemical circulation. I dont see it as the result. The result is the 'homunculus' of the Universe (which still 'circulates within its outcome' ... or manifested matter and consciousness bought about by circulatory (experience) principles.

But ... Yeah... to your; " accomplishment of a great undertaking."

I don't see the Wheel as a result either. It's more like what goes up, must come down so be ready for it. The World is like... Ah ha! There it is..

Ah, must just be something unique to me then. :)
The Wheel on the end of a spread has been a "..and that's the way the cookie crumbles, folks..." kind of card... you know, fate or destiny has spoken, it's out of your control, and there you go, the end... the dinosaurs are extinct.

I guess I see the Wheel as the mechanical dial that starts or stops the evolution possible in the World... to me, the World has more of a growth aspect, or like, "...to be continued..." that the Wheel doesn't have.