Deck Art of the Four Elements

Aeric

Here's a game. Choose the four decks whose art styles and themes you believe best embody the four Western elements: earth, fire, air, and water.

The theme and artwork should speak to you in ways that evoke the elements without directly doing so. This is to see how your personal opinion of the elements is inspired through art.

What you cannot choose are decks whose theme and motif specifically concern one of the elements. Such as, the Fire Tarot or Bonefire for fire, since it's the subject matter and fire appears in every card, or the Cephalopod Tarot, which concerns sea creatures. Decks about plants or crystals for Earth.

Also avoid decks that directly use the four elements in their suits, such as Elemental Tarot, Vision Quest, and Gaian.

And please do not just list! Explain your choices.

Examples:

Air: Ananda. Almost all of the subjects appear in the sky over landscapes. Almost nothing appears to be touching the ground, but floating high above it. Dreamlike, translucent visions that fade slowly into the dawn or night.

Water: Crystal Tarots. There is a strong use of deep blues and greens and strong contrast of dark and light, making the artwork appear underwater.

Fire: World Spirit. An explosion of vibrant colours, and the characters are full of passion, movement, and activity. Few people are sitting still.

Earth: Breugel. The life of peasants are shown farming, caring for their families, focusing on living one day to the next, nose to the ground. Lots of earthy tones of brown, black, and dark green and dimmer colours.

Nemia

Air: Lo Scarabeo. The concept is an intellectual challenge (combine the three traditions in one deck), the art is airy and light (watercolours in light washes), and there is a lot of air around the persons - the compositions are un-cramped and airy.

Water: William Blake. It is like a completely unknown world, and the air around the figures seems different from normal air - it seems more substantial, it seems watery. Many of the figures float.

Fire: Margarethe Petersen. The strongest cards in this deck are fire cards. When I think of this deck, I think of light breaking through darkness, flames and warmth.

Earth: Touchstone. Earthy colours, strong physical presence of the depicted persons. The deck has a down-to-earth quality.

and another Earth deck: Haindl. Most of the cards are painted on heavy brown background shapes and structures that seem to have been hewn from rock or painted with sand.

dancing_moon

Among the decks I own...

Fire is: Sergey Loginov's Tarot
It's an RWS clone made in bold and vivid colors with bright scarlet borders and almost completely scarlet backs. Most people in the cards look energetic, aggressive and sexy (just look at that Sun's face :D ). Sample cards.

Air is: Universal Fantasy Tarot
Many images include flights, floating cloths and birds. Even the Ace of Pentacles is afloat! :D

Earth is: Arcus Arcanum Tarot
The people in this deck have a very distinctive German-rural-fantasy look to them, and even the Majors give off very 'homely' and down-to-earth vibes.

Water is: vacant at the moment. I'll get back to it. :)