Chrysalis Tarot - 2 of Scrolls

Corvinesque

I am really enjoying working with this deck... I've been doing a lot of pentagram readings with it, and it just speaks so clearly.

One card I'm not understanding is the Two of Scrolls. Normally I associate the 2 of Swords with being in the midst of a truce, caught in between two sides, postponing a decision...

I don't understand how this card expresses this-- any ideas, insights? What am I missing?

Starri Knytes

I am really enjoying working with this deck... I've been doing a lot of pentagram readings with it, and it just speaks so clearly.

One card I'm not understanding is the Two of Scrolls. Normally I associate the 2 of Swords with being in the midst of a truce, caught in between two sides, postponing a decision...

I don't understand how this card expresses this-- any ideas, insights? What am I missing?

Corvinesque You are almost there. Two of Scrolls is telling you to trust your instincts, try not to over think, and when caught up in a dilemma, and are being pulled between two sides/or choices ... think outside of the box for a solution.

Sulis

Hi Corvinesque, It may help if you add a scan of the card or a description of the imagery used in the card.

Corvinesque

Just an update of how this card played out in my life... I realized that in the moment, it was saying that I was thinking in terms of black and white, this or that, with no room for gray... and this card was indicating that something that didn't fit into that paradigm would take me by surprise and force me to examine my expectations. Sort of like those two scrolls on the ground held the old expectations, and the alicorn is the unexpected, the unbelievable, the emerging possibility beyond black and white, exclusionary beliefs.

I'm still not sure how much this synchs with my understanding of the traditional 2 of swords, but maybe it isn't necessary for it to do so.

Satori

Interesting because the 2oSwords has always been about sitting on the fence to me. Someone who just doesn't want to have to choose, and cannot bear to be moved from their opinion. Also about self-protection, and refusal to mature or grow.

In Chrysalis it is more about breaking free of definitions and demanding to be heard, allowing, no demanding that your own personal truth be heard. As if you can't go another minute without setting that idea free!

And Corvinesque, I personally don't think traditional meanings have to hold sway! ;)