what am i not seeing here?

sirona86

hello everyone,

i'm new to the thoth so i need some help. I acquired my deck off yahoo auctions for a steal about 1 and 1/2 weeks ago and i've been shuffling and going through the cards daily to get a feel for the deck. i've also been randomly cutting cards.. with no specific quetsion in mind, i just like to cut the deck and see what card comes up. The first proper reading i did was a one card reading about by uncle, who as i had just learned that day had suffered a heart attack and landed himself in hospital. The card i pulled was the Chariot. I interpreted this as a very good sign, he might have some complications and have to overcome more problems ( he had two more heart attacks while in hospital) but things would work out in the end( he was discharged two days ago),

but over the past week or so, ive been randomly cutting cards as usual and i've cut the Chariot at least 4 times. the day before yesterday i got this card again, and i was contemplating its meaning, especially in relation to the black and white sphinxes. The next day, i was biking to school on a track that runs parallel to a canalized river in the early morning. I just so happened to look into the canal, and what do i see but a pair of fish. you guessed it, one black one, and a white one, swimming right next to each other. The fish in this canal have all but disappeared over the past few years, and most of those remaining are about the size of guppies.i've never seen fish this size and shape ( they were about 3/4s the size of koi and had bodies like koi too) in this canal before. what are the odds?

That's when it struck me that there must be something important that the cards are trying to tell me, but i cant see how the chariot in its conventional sense relates to anything in my life at the moment. i dont have a feeling that it's got something to do with my uncle who's already been discharged from the hospital anyways. perhaps you guys could illuminate the subject for me.

thanks for your time!

AmounrA

The Thoth deck is well known as the best occult deck ever created. Transmissions recieved by Crowley from the architects of reality are in the seed of its creation. As a result when some-one takes on the Thoth deck, the decks 'gaurdians' take an interest in you. As a result there will be more synchronicities in your life, leading you, now riding the golden chariot, further and further into the fractal.

You yourself are now riding the Chariot, which blazes its way through Dogma and into practice :)

yve

I wonder if the message the cards are giving you via the Chariot have little to do with your uncle, and more to do with you and your being....sounds like this deck is being very insistent and trying to make you aware of some very important changes coming into your
life...movement so to speak. Did your uncle's heart attack bring to surface some insecurities or fears? Are you hiding your true feelings about something? Perhaps the cards are projecting some emotional insecurities you are feeling consciously or unconsciously...are you stuck somehow in your life and the cards are telling to make some movement and propegate change? This are only suggestions and my opinion only....

Imagemaker

changes coming into your
life...movement so to speak.

It's interesting that you WERE actually moving on a vehicle when you saw the black and white fish!

skytwig

Sirona, wow! Your Guides and Angels are active in your life!!

What is going on in your life? Look at those issues and see where they may be informing you that big changes are occurring or are about to occur......

Also, you can meditate on the picture and write down any ideas or thoughts that come to mind as you meditate.....

Believe your gut in this, too.....

Whatever is coming or going is not small and not changable.... this is important, the change, and is transforming......

I would say, the message is, GO WITH THE FLOW..... just like the fish.... swim.....

sirona86

thanksd for your help everyone!
i failed to mention this in my earlier post, but another card that pops up almost as frequently when i randomly cut the deck is the princess of wands. The connotation of action here is the common thread that i can see.. but beyond that i have no idea what this means. when it comes it interpreting the cards for myself, as is with some other tarot readers out there, my mind sometimes goes completely blank!

Original Destiny

Its very difficult to understand whats meant by a single card especially when it involves someone close and someone who has obviously been very ill.
I would look at the fact that it is a new deck to you and you are learning to tune in to it. Do a proper reading when you are fully comfortable with the deck and its imagery. The Thoth Deck, I have found is one to aspire to.... its imagery attracts architypes and one needs to be at ease with it before doing serious readings

nyx*

When I first started getting to know my cards (hasn't really been all that long, just over a week) I kept getting the Fool constantly. Every time I picked up the deck, drew a daily card, or a card just slipped out, it was the Fool. I think I needed a reminder of where I am in the learning process, which is how I read the Fool's constant presence. Not always being the sharpest knife in the drawer, I appreciate the repetition.

Of course, now I've started getting things like the Tower. Not nearly so reassuring, but a necessary part of me getting new information through my thick skull, I guess.

nyx*

Kosmos

One thing to keep in mind about the chariot (if I'm not mistaken) is that the action is often carried out/enabled by a layered, authoritative structure. You might want to consider things in terms of the power structures that exist 'above' and 'below' you and how those relationships affect your current 'big picture'.

bonnycat

hi nyx*

Don't fear the tower yes your world may seem to be falling a part but it is a necessary process which often happens when one starts on a new journey (the fool). So maybe what it is saying is okay you have come this far now it is time to reassess your goals before you go any further.

Hope this makes sence and helps a little.