The Mary-el Tarot

Hedera

Hi Thea,

have you received your cards by now?
If not, it might be worthwhile to send her another email.

I ordered my deck about 10 days ago. I received a confirmation email straight away, then another email about a week later, telling me the deck was finished (I think she makes them to demand) and about to be sent.
It arrived here in only 3 days!!!

And I'm absolutely awed by the beauty of it.
It's really incredible. Not only is it gorgeous, it's also very deep and rich.

FearfulSymmetry

Hi!
I just wanted to mention that I have read this and tried to contact Thea. I simply do not know who she is, or what name her order is under. To my knowledge I have no orders outstanding. I have emailed her privately and sent a PM here and have gotten no response. Does anyone know her, or is in contact with her?
Hopefully she just ordered under another name and it has already been sent.

Marie (mary-el tarot)

Hedera

Hi Marie, welcome to the forum!

It's great to see you here. :)

I'm a little in awe actually, I'm being blown away by your deck at the moment....;)

Laura Borealis

I'm in awe, too! The art is breathtaking.

I don't know Thea, but I noticed her last post was Tuesday the 24th, so perhaps she hasn't been online since then to see your email and PM. I hope it all works out!

FearfulSymmetry

Thank you guys!!
I really get blown away by the responses to my deck, and a bit embarassed too.

Kiama, I don't know what to say...... when doing this you always wonder if other people will get it, and my big fear is being lumped into the art deck category, what you have posted gives me hope that it will be seen for what it is. Thank you so much.

Hedera, glad you liked it!!! Hopefully you have gotten the new Death card by now.

If anyone has any questions about it I would be glad to answer. It seems like a little bit of bad timing that the images will be out in public so long before the information behind them catches up.

Marie

Hedera

Yes, the new Death card arrived today! Thank you so much for sending it! :)
I was actually starting to get used to her as she was, splotch and all....;)

The more I play with this deck (haven't 'officially' used it yet, still getting to know it) the more I like it.

You may have mentioned this already on the website, but if so I've missed it; if the whole deck is published, will there be a book to go with it?
I really enjoyed reading the booklet that came with this set, especially what you wrote about the Fool - it made me discover things in the card I would otherwise have missed (I've also printed out your essays on the Hanged Man and Temperance from the website, to keep in the book).

One of the things I like best is how the cards are at once very detailed, and very basic.
There are lots of little things in the images you only notice after a while, and at the same time the colours and shapes in them are all so strong and distinctive that it's easy to recognize each card at a glance, which makes for very clear spreads that speak well to me.
Also, it makes the cards somehow perfect for meditation etc.

Love, love, love them!

:)

FearfulSymmetry

****You may have mentioned this already on the website, but if so I've missed it; if the whole deck is published, will there be a book to go with it? ***

I am writing a book no matter what. I feel that I have put enough non-traditional imagery in it that to not explain what is there and why would be to sell the deck very short.
If for some reason whoever publishes it doesn't want to publish a book with it then I guess I will have to explore other avenues and at the very least will post it all on my website or as a downloadable pdf or both.

Thanks again:)

Marie

HudsonGray

Marie, you don't have a website connection in your bottom profile section. If you put it into your User CP it'll show up at the bottom of the post, next to the PM and Buddy buttons.

FearfulSymmetry

HudsonGray said:
Marie, you don't have a website connection in your bottom profile section. If you put it into your User CP it'll show up at the bottom of the post, next to the PM and Buddy buttons.

Thanks, I didn't even notice that down there. Now I am checking out all of your websites:)

Hudson Gray, btw, I just love your signature line, makes me laugh whenever I see it!

Marie

lunakasha

bump

Any news on when the Mary-el Tarot (78 card deck) will be available???

I would also like to know where I might be able to order the 26-card version....BEAUTIFUL, unusual cards!!!

:) Luna