One Deck Wonder 2014

Eyebright

So, yesterday I decided to do a "week ahead" kind of spread with the Greenwood. I thought if I look at the spread each day I might be able to start teasing out how the cards reflect everyday life.

I drew 5 cards, first card in the centre and 4 cards surrounding it. One in each corner, with the central card representing the main theme of this week, and the other cards being influences and events etc.
I'm really liking it, I went back to it this morning where it is laid out, and I'm starting to see some things in the cards. It was a great reading, and as the week progresses I hope it matures to an even tastier reading!

3 majors, and it included 2 cards that have been appearing regularly since I started working with the Greenwood. Balance (Temperance) and the 7 Wands-Clearance. Balance is actually the central card for the spread and the main theme for the week. This is a card I definitely need to work more with, to really get to the bottom of what I need to learn from it.

I'm currently trying to work out the logistics of using my Greenwood for the Sacred Days of Yule spread I do each year. If I use the Greenwood, I can't use it for everyday readings, as the deck is kept seperate. If I only had 2 copies....! I really think it would make a great partner for the Sacred Days of Yule spread, so I may have to bend my rules slightly, and select another deck to use whilst it's out of everyday circulation. Maybe the Wildwood, as it's kind of a child of the Greenwood, or the Druidcraft. If anyone has any other suggestions, I would love to hear them!

I also need to finish off writing up my thoughts of the 2 of Stones, as I haven't completed that yet! Studying the cards and writing down my meanings will probably take me forever to finish. Long after I have assimilated the meanings into my brain anyway.

Eyebright

Well I finished my journal entry yesterday for the 2 of stones. Yay! I posted it to the study group as well, so one down and 77 to go...

Then last night I shuffled the deck and asked for guidance on which card to study and work with next and got the 6 of cups-reunion. So that's that. It's a lovely card, and I can already see meanings jumping out at me from it. Still I'm not rushing my study of the cards. I prefer writing them up over several days to a week, as it gives me time to assimilate everything and distill what it all means to me. As well as look up colour associations, mythology, research the animals and symbols etc, which can take time what with working and everything else in my life.

I've also decided that for the Sacred Days of Yule spread, I will use my Druidcraft not my Greenwood as I was planning yesterday. I always use my Druidcraft for that particular reading, so I'm going to carry on with my tradition I have started for myself.

zhadee

May I still join? I am a bit intimidated by the Russian Tarot, but they seem to be so chatty!
I've asked them if they'd care for the journey, and they gave me the 4 of clubs... yay.

1. focusing on reading the images, consulting only pages that deal with the symbolism of colours in russian culture.
2. keeping a journal of my daily drawings
3. letting you know what comes to my head

Eyebright

May I still join? I am a bit intimidated by the Russian Tarot, but they seem to be so chatty!
I've asked them if they'd care for the journey, and they gave me the 4 of clubs... yay.

1. focusing on reading the images, consulting only pages that deal with the symbolism of colours in russian culture.
2. keeping a journal of my daily drawings
3. letting you know what comes to my head

Hi welcome zhadee!

Nice to have some company, it's been very queit and echoey in here by myself! I'm not familiar with your deck, I will have to look it up. :)
Your guidelines look good though, I always find it best to keep them short and simple!

I'm still plodding on with my Greenwood. I'm still struggling to understand it outside of spiritual readings though. That deck always seems to bring me messages from the Horned God and my spirit guides. They always make cards jump from the deck, so I never actually draw any cards myself haha.

I really should knuckly down to my card studies, that would probably help. I'm not great at formal studies of cards though. I prefer to work with a deck and learn through readings. I'm also very drawn to my Chrysalis atm. Must resist!

zhadee

Eyebright, you chose yourself a beautiful deck, and a chatty one as it seems, too. I look forward reading your insights!
Those Russian cards have been waiting patiently to be used, and the first one they gave me was the Knight of Cups. Not the worst decision for the beginning of my studies...

Is this the thread where you post your cards in?

Eyebright

Eyebright, you chose yourself a beautiful deck, and a chatty one as it seems, too. I look forward reading your insights!
Those Russian cards have been waiting patiently to be used, and the first one they gave me was the Knight of Cups. Not the worst decision for the beginning of my studies...

Is this the thread where you post your cards in?

The knight of cups is a wonderful card to start your journey together, you are a knight on a quest to learn the cards! I always see the knight of cups as the Grail Knight :)

For studies of the cards, they should be posted in the Tarot Study Groups forum which you need to scroll further down the forum to find! If there is not a study group for your deck then you can start one! All the information you need is down there if you read it!
General comments can be posted here though.

I still haven't finished writing up the 6 of cups. I started it and then haven't done anything else on it since, so my task for this week is to pull that card back out of the deck and finish writing what the symbols on the cards mean to me, and to meditate on the image. The Greenwood is a great deck for meditation!

Eyebright

Zhadee do you have a link to your deck? Is it the Russian Tarot of St Petersburg? Too many things come up when I search for Russian Tarot!! :bugeyed:

zhadee

Russian Tarot of St Petersburg

yes, that's the one :)

There is no specific study group for the Russian Tarot, so I thought I might join the One Deck Wonder study group where you will post your meditations on the 6 of cups. I should see to get a full image of that card of yours.

I keep thinking, the knight cannot fully appreciate the cup's energy. He is the one to find the Grail, and his mission is to bring the cup back home to a person who gets the full meaning of it.

Eyebright

I've looked at the Index of Study Groups and there has been some studying of the Russian Tarot of St Petersburg! The link to the cards covered so far is here. Would be great if you could fill some more of it in! :D

The Greenwood study group is incomplete, there are a lot of cards thats don't have threads started for them yet, so eventually I would like to complete the study group so that each card has been discussed. At the speed I'm going that will take a long time though hehe :p

I will be sure to link to anything I do here, so that you can easily see what I have written, for what it's worth!

I really like the 6 of cups so far in the Greenwood, it has a very tranquil and peaceful air to it. Much nicer than the 2 of stones which was the first card that I studied in depth. Do you have any repeating cards yet with your deck?

zhadee

oh dear, that is scary... :bugeyed: when that knight went out on his quest, he cannot have meant me writing so much about Tarot?!

Well, so it be - you seem to be my guide to this forum (otherwise I'd probably get lost in playing Tarot & Oracle games) and you found that secluded place where my beloved russian Tarot cards do reside. I'll better start reading right now.

For my "in depth" study I picked the Knight of Cups, again. Which answers your question - yes, there is a repeating card! :D

What do you feel is nicer about the 6 of cups?