Tantric Dakini Oracle

SongDeva

Does anyone have this, or has anyone used it?
The book seems to be really good. I tried a meditation
from it that was quoted from an ancient source, and it was
pretty neat.

The box and trappings are a gorgeous red, though I wasn't as in to the images, at least initially. I'll see how it goes.

I did a Tree of Life reading for myself, and for some reason, I went through the deck pulling out images that spoke to me. I pulled out enough for the reading (I think ten cards).

Then, I put a card in each position, like,
"position 3. Unconscious thoughts: I think I'll use this one. "
Don't know why I did it looking and deliberately like this, but I went with the impulse I guess. The meanings are not immediately apparent just from the cards.

Well, the reading was amazingly accurate (I used the book), and I was quite pleased. If anyone cares I'll post my notes.
I'd love to hear from others here who know the deck.

zorya

the tantric dakini oracle is the boxed set of a book and the cards that are named ' the secret dakini oracle'.

here is a link for anyone interested in viewing the deck being discussed; http://www.aeclectic.net/dakini/

SongDeva

Actually, the Secret Dakini oracle is I believe the original version that is now out of print. It was rereleased as the Tantric. Probably they figured they'd sell more with that word in the title. LOL Guess I bought it, at least!

Thanks so much for posting the link.

Lara

SongDeva

Really now! I assumed it was oop cause I've seen it sold that way on eBay. Good to know you can still get it.

SongDeva

Still hoping to hear from anyone else who owns/knows/uses/has heard of this deck. :)
Guess that makes this a bump!

dragonflybite

I have & use the Dakini Deck!

I am actually on my second one…
I find it to be the most powerful of my oracle decks for getting messages across to me.
I have played around with different layouts and I keep reverting to the tree of life that is used in the book.
One minor difference is in the readings I do is the lower left & right “heart’ influence cards; I interpret them as psychological influences. It appeals to my sense of “as above so below” in doing the reading
I meditate on a single card each day. The book that goes with it is the only book that I have extensive personal notes written in, as this is a very personal visualization deck.
For instance Yakshi (tree spirit) appears in a reading whenever someone around me is pregnant.
It is NOT a subtle deck at all.

13thFaeChylde

Not a subtle deck?
That's another sign that I need this one...I have problems with subtlety, and prefer the good ole 2x4 method :)

SongDeva

Dragonflybite, thanks for your response!

I've found it to be very literal and veryaccurate, based on the readings I've done with it in this forum.

In fact, check out 13thFaeChyld's reading. whoa!

I don't use the book to read for others, I just do it intuitively.
But I used it to do a tree of life reading for myself, and it was VERY accurate that way as well.

It was kind of neat: I went through the deck and pulled out the cards that spoke to me, then a couple more to make ten for the tree of life spread.

Then I looked at the positions in the spread (*just* the placement, not the meaning) and put each card where I thought it should go, just by picture again.

So it was really done pretty blind in a sense. Pictures that stand out, and put each one in the spot I think it should go in, if you follow..

Anyway, it was a VERY accurate reading when done this way for myself. I'm dying to try this method with other decks. :)

I appreciate hearing from someone else who uses it!! Interesting note about the tree spirit. lol

Song