Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews - Tarot Forum - Free Tarot Readings - Tarot Card Meanings - Tarot Spreads

Halloween Big Boo Exchange signup thread

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Games & Fun

Card Reader/Fortune Teller

Grizabella 
Halloween Big Boo Exchange signup thread

Surprise, surprise, surprise! The fun is just waiting to begin. Some of you older members will remember our Halloween gift exchanges, and we're going to do them again this year. I want to get started early so everyone has time to sign up and get ready.

Signups are limited to people with at least 3 months membership and 50 posts. If you have three months membership, but lack posts, then go meet and greet newcomers or play some games and get your post count up there. Signups end on September 8th. There are two exchange threads going on, one for a bigger box and one for the small box, but you can only join one or the other, not both.

In order that we can continue the fun of exchanges, we have to diligently see to it that all packages get sent. You enter at your own risk, but please make sure you can send your package. We don't want anyone to be disappointed and we've had a perfect record in the past, so let's make sure we do it again. We don't want to have to stop doing the exchanges because so many friends are made and bonds formed as well as the fun of it all.

Signups begin now. Mailing date will be October 15th or October 1st if you're mailing worldwide. Names will be exchanged on the 8th of September. It's a Secret Scarecrow, so you won't find out who your partner is till you get your package. I'm drawing names on the 8th of September and will PM you who your partner will be.

You'll be using the mailers that go flat rate. You'll be filling the medium sized flat rate box or the envelope that goes at the cheapest flat rate. I don't know the rate these days but around six dollars is my estimate. Someone who signs up may know and can tell me. People overseas can get measurements and just use a box of approximate size to the ones here in the US that go flat rate.

Spending limit on the larger box is $25 plus the postage to send the package. Be sure you figure in the postage when you decide whether to join the Little Boo or the Big Boo.

Previously loved items and handmade things are heartily encouraged and welcomed. Previously loved means "used" but we don't choose to see it that way.

And I also encourage everyone to go to your profile and fill out some information on a questionnaire. I'll be posting it so everyone can cut and paste it into your profile. We usually put it right after the decks we list. It allows for a plenty big post there.. By filling out this questionnaire and putting it in your profile, you give your secret partner some clues for what would be most loved as gifts. These are not shopping lists, however. Everyone is to send what they want to send, but it needn't be exactly everything on the partner's list. The list is just a guide.

Make sure your wishlist is filled in if you have decks you want to own someday. Maybe someone will have one to re-home with you----you just never can tell.

1. What are your favorite candies. Name your likes and dislikes.

2. What are your favorite scents?

3. What are your favorite colors?

4. Do you have any allergies and if so, what are they?

5. What kind of tarot or oracles do you prefer? And what size decks do you prefer?

6.Do you like candles and incense?

7. How about what kind of things would you like to have for your altar?

8. Do you wear jewelry?

9. Do you wear costumes for Halloween or sometimes for atmosphere when you're reading the cards at an event?

Think of some more questions you want on the questionnaire and I'll add them to the list.

Please read the following:

AT Guidelines for Exchanges

Okay, I'm open for business. Let me know whether you want to ship worldwide or within a smaller area.

Signup list:

Lil Red: worldwide shipping

Unicorn Bacon: US shipping

Phoenix 11: worldwide shipping

Flames: worldwide shipping

seven stars--worldwide shipping

Quester: US shipping

DownUnderNZer---worldwide shipping

darksoul

Shade--US shipping

Mellaenn--worldwide shipping

JankaV---US shipping
Top   #1
Citizen

Lil Red 

I'll like to sigh up for worldwide, please and thank you!
Top   #2

Grizabella 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Red View Post
I'll like to sigh up for worldwide, please and thank you!
You're so welcome! And you're also "so welcome" to join this exchange. We've had so much fun with the Halloween exchanges in years past. It's us Tarot folk's Christmas, sort of. I can't wait to see everyone buzzing about their preparations for this.

One year, I think it was canid (who is ill now and I worry about her) who made some fake blood and poured it around in her package she sent to her partner. And we've had many other fun things happen, too. One year I used that fake spider web stuff and hid all the gifts for my partner in the cobwebs. lol
Top   #3
Citizen

Unicorn Bacon 

Is this like a Secret Santa-esque Tarot and goodies swap for Halloween, or are we assigned partners? Either way, I'd like to sign up for the US area, please.
Top   #4

Grizabella 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unicorn Bacon View Post
Is this like a Secret Santa-esque Tarot and goodies swap for Halloween, or are we assigned partners? Either way, I'd like to sign up for the US area, please.
Yes, that's what it is. Welcome to the fun!
Top   #5
Citizen

Phoenix11 

Hey Griz,

Sounds like fun! I've never participated before.... sign me up.. worldwide shipping is fine.

Thank you
Top   #6

Grizabella 

Certainly! and welcome! These exchanges are so much fun and create so many new friendships that actually last forever sometimes. I love hosting them. Be sure to check the thread every day to see who's joined and what everyone else is doing to gather up and make goodies to give.

For one of my favorite exchanges a few years ago, a lady made me some scrumptious home-baked cookies. I think they were snickerdoodles? But anyway, they were made with lard in them and they were the most awesome cookies I've ever eaten. She sent me the recipe, too, but it was lost. She doesn't come to AT anymore so I can't get the recipe from her. She also sent me the cutest little bubbler night light that was a jackolantern in a witch's hat. I loved visiting the bathroom---it was so cute and cheery!

I need to go back and post in the signup post that previously loved and hand-made items are very welcome in these exchanges. The time and effort going into these handmade things and the re-homed decks are priceless.
Top   #7
Citizen

Mellaenn 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unicorn Bacon View Post
It's similar to Secret Santa. Names will be drawn and you will receive the name of a member to assemble an exchange package for. You will not know who received your name and address until your package arrives.
Top   #8

Grizabella 

Yes, Mellaenn is right. I call it Secret Scarecrow but it's just like Secret Santa. I hope everyone will be sure to put their ID name somewhere in or on the package so the recipients will know who we're known as on AT.

I'm so excited about this! It's been so much fun in the past and I just love seeing what everyone gets in their packages!

Did anyone do one last year while I was gone?
Top   #9

Grizabella 

I'm going to suggest what kinds of stuff you could put into your package, just in case you need suggestions. These are definitely not cast in stone. You can do whatever you like about it, but I thought I'd just throw out some suggestions off the top of my head in case anyone needs to give their imagination a jog.

~Decks that are Halloween-y or harvest in theme. (Sending a deck is by no means mandatory. This is just a suggestion.)

~Halloween or harvest decorations for the home.

~Jewelry (but not expensive) that's fun for a fortune-teller to wear, whether or not they dress up to read for people at times.

~Scarves or cloths that make nice spread cloths---either Halloween or harvest-y or otherwise or you can make an inexpensive but nice cloth.

~Tarot bags appropriate to the season. Or even appropriate for no season in particular or some other holiday season.

~Handmade and "previously loved" decks and other items are hugely in favor here at AT. We're a very creative bunch and the hand-crafted, handmade items are greatly treasured. It's not mandatory but if you're one who makes things, this is a good chance to use your creative ability to make something memorable for a friend.

Brainstorm here when you get a good idea if you like. We need to have people post at least once a week to be sure you're still interested as we go along.
Top   #10

More interesting threads on the Aeclectic Tarot Forum...

Elsewhere on Aeclectic Tarot
· Tarot Cards & Reviews
· Free Tarot Readings
· What's New
· Tarot Card Meanings

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2021 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.