crystals that don't belong together

poivre

I have a couple large bowls that I put my crystals in. I usually have a couple in my pockets or in my purse. I just carry them around because I like them & change them whenever I'm in the mood.

Is there any crystals or stones that should not be carried together?

Thanks for any replys.

Jewel-ry

I dont know about this ros, but I keep all of mine together so it will be interesting to know the answer.

J :)

lunalafey

Physically speaking-
soft stones like opal or amber should be in thier own little cozy enviroment. They can break or get scratched.
Spiritually speaking-
?....

Ruby7

I would only say the same thing as Lunalafey, that I wouldn't store physically soft stones with harder stones. The poor soft stones would get all scratched, and abraided possibly even chipped.

Some stones that are quite soft are:

moonstone, tanzanite, iolite, sphene, zircon, opal, hematite, labradorite.

Ruby7

Shannah

I would have never occured to me that labradorite is a soft stone. I wonder if I should put in a separate bag.

DeeLite

Selenite is also a very soft stone and should be kept seperate. I lay all mine, layered in a special box, on sheets of cotton wool, but none of them are touching each other, which is a feat in itself, as I have in excess of 80 now!!!!

Love and Light,

Debsxxx

HudsonGray

Anything with a sharp crystal point probalby shouldn't knock around against other stones. Most of the crystals I've seen have nicks in the edges of their sides or the tips broken off.

Sillanza

Ruby7 said:
Some stones that are quite soft are:

moonstone, tanzanite, iolite, sphene, zircon, opal, hematite, labradorite.

... and emerald (some jewelers won't even reset it).