What should I use for protection?

Akairyuu

Like other's have said before, any black, grounding sort of stone like Jet, black tourmaline, onyx and haematite would work. I also think that amethyst, clear quartz and smokey Quartz would be good for protection too.

Another stone that I think would be a good stone to have is Carnelian as it is known to be able to transmute and repel negative energy.

Cacia

Like other's have said before, any black, grounding sort of stone like Jet, black tourmaline, onyx and haematite would work. I also think that amethyst, clear quartz and smokey Quartz would be good for protection too.

Another stone that I think would be a good stone to have is Carnelian as it is known to be able to transmute and repel negative energy.

Oh thanks for the great suggestions Akairyuu, I have found hematite and amethsyt. However, I want to find one that is exclusively use for this purpose, thanks for your great suggestions and for taking the time to participate in this thread. Blessings and love

Akairyuu

No problem, I'm glad I helped some :)

Briar Rose

I feel it's important to do some research and look up the meanings about the symbol of the pentagram. Historicaly it will blow your mind.

There is a *HUGE* sea of information not only on the web, but also from our higher self. We have to *trust* our instincts to discern the truth and what serves us.

I feel that it's best not form attachments or to use words like good or bad, or evil. What you think about, you bring about.

As with anything, you can make a whole ritual about working with tarot cards. From cleansing the reading area and cards with sage, intention and sound, and even balancing your mind through meditation, and chakra balancing.

It's important to do some research on grounding, and then to understand exactly what your intention is. Anyone can tell you to wear a black tourmaline, but what is it your actually doing with it? What is grounding? And then what is opening your intuitive sense with high assension crystals? And do you have to close what you have opened after you are done?

Cacia

I feel it's important to do some research and look up the meanings about the symbol of the pentagram. Historicaly it will blow your mind.

There is a *HUGE* sea of information not only on the web, but also from our higher self. We have to *trust* our instincts to discern the truth and what serves us.

I feel that it's best not form attachments or to use words like good or bad, or evil. What you think about, you bring about.

As with anything, you can make a whole ritual about working with tarot cards. From cleansing the reading area and cards with sage, intention and sound, and even balancing your mind through meditation, and chakra balancing.

It's important to do some research on grounding, and then to understand exactly what your intention is. Anyone can tell you to wear a black tourmaline, but what is it your actually doing with it? What is grounding? And then what is opening your intuitive sense with high assension crystals? And do you have to close what you have opened after you are done?

Excellent points Briar Rose, I am new at this but being searching information about this and informing myself. Thanks miss Rose definitely some homework to do here in this area :)

moongrl28

thanks for posting this question!

I have been reading tarot on and off for 15 years but this has been my longest stretch of not reading someone else, when i did, i got such a huge blast from her it felt as if i was having a heat attack! it was awful, and a novice mistake but i have been looking at different ideas of protection to maybe add to my ever growing arsenal.

linnie

The person I know who offered readings most consistently at spiritual festivals, where she had a new sitter within moments of the previous one, always had a beautiful, fist-sized, extremely clear quartz point sitting on the table with her. I use different stones for different things, but for reading for different people, I like having a clear quartz with me, too... I also have my black petrified wood to ground me and take me deeper into the reading. The quartz clears the energy between readings.

Jasper is famous for its protective properties... i used to favour dark Jaspers, but recently I found a beautiful orb-shaped, fist-sized ocean orbicular jasper, and it tends to ground, refresh, clear and calm energy... I love it.

Shungite is highly regarded as an energetically-protective and cleansing stone... Maybe it will suit you :) I've heard of fake ones being offered, though, so make sure you buy from someone reputable...

It really is a personal choice, though. If a particular stone doesn't offer you the courage, grounding or etc that books suggest it will, don't use it... find something more personally relevant.

White Sage smudge... I use it often... it both clears energy and grounds me, and leads me into 'that' space....

Mainly, though, do a check-in with your auric strength... You are opening yourself to other people's energies to best 'read' them, so you want your own energetic or auric boundary to be vibrant and intact... Visualise your aura as an egg-shaped bubble of light, radiating out in every direction a few to several inches from your physical body. If you can 'see' it, check for any open or patchy areas, and energise those to strengthen them... See your auric 'egg' as whole, vibrant, and glowing with light, bright energy. By doing that, you'll radiate your own inner light, attracting lovely sitters, and also reduce the likelihood of outside interference. :)

Tanga

"What should I use for protection"

My two most effective personal rituals (that I settled on after trying out a huge plethora of ideas which came out of reading and attending courses on crystals and many other things), that I do when I find that I can't shake off the feeling of being vulnerable (by just simply deciding that I don't have to feel this way) are:

- Visualising an aura (or cloak) of mirrors.
Mirrors reflect back exactly what is projected. I like the idea of sending whatever "it" is right back where it comes from so that "it" is the sole responsibility of the source that sent it. And then "it" also, will have not touched me at all.

- Wearing, carrying in my pocket, or placing on a table, a piece of black tourmaline.
Shiny black is reflective like a mirror as mentioned above, and also absorbs and transmutes difficult things into something more useful.

On the subject of pentagrams - I implore you to read up on the subject, as the label of "evil" and "black magic" is inaccurate/mistakenly informed.
The most modern interpretation for the symbolism for the pentagram is the union of the four elements, earth, air, fire, water (present/represented in many different tarot decks - as the four suits are also the four elements) and the fifth element - the spirit - or Deity if you like, bound and working together in harmony in a circle of "will" - the strength of the mind of the individual ("strength" coming from a long practice of self-discipline).
It therefore represents the individual and their relationship to life, the universe and everything. :) (ofcourse - coming from the view of a particular spiritual tradition).

May you be well protected Cacia.