Anna K. Study - The Moon

Marirowana

The whole card is dark blue and black, except for the clear white moon. It is hard to see the details on this card, but that is what this card is about. You only have the pale light of the moon to see things, so things will be vague and may remain unknown. The water, I believe it is the sea, is a symbol of the subconscious mind. Still waters run deep.

We recognize the two towers on both sides of the water from the RWS symbolism, but we ‘miss’ the other creatures. The towers look like the one on the Tower card.

All the focus is going to this crescent waxing moon. Waxing moon means that the moon is growing, from new moon to full moon. This is the time to begin a new venture, there is room for new ideas. It's also the time to throw out what you don't need, dig deep in you subconscious mind and get rid of any clutter.

I like the fact that we only see a small sickle of the moon, instead of the full moon. It shows that there is so much more to discover, it only takes patience. You have to wait until the sun decides to light the other part of the moon. But still, there will always be 'the other side of the moon' we will never see, even if you want to.

I don’t know what else to say about the card. I like it’s simplicity, as we also see in the Star and Sun card. They make a beautiful trio.

(index)

Attachments

• Moon.jpg
    Moon.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 134