Dream Enchantress. III The Empress

GlitterNova

http://www.albideuter.de/html/zaubertraum_3.html

This is an interesting depiction of the Empress. The empress is seated on a stone chair. She wears a luxurious blue silk dress. Her hair is done up in a green ribbon. She wears a drop necklace with red stones that ends at her stomach. She delicately holds a scepter with one hand, and the other hand she sensuously places on her crossed knee. Behind her we can see the window sill is decorated with circles. To the side of her is a stone cat, and outside the window we can see a cat perched at the very top of a tower--it's unclear whether it's another statue or a real cat. This Empress doesn't look to be pregnant, but I feel the red drop necklace on her stomach subtly draws attention to where her womb is. Additionally I find the circle decorations on the wall to be subtle symbols of the feminine aspect.

As for the cats, I'd really love to hear other's opinions on this. Could they be references to the Egyptian goddess Bastet? I don't know much about Egyptian deities so I don't know how that would relate specifically to the Empress card. Thoughts?