Favorite stones!

singerofpeace

This forum was feeling a little sleepy... I thought maybe we could wake it up a bit talking about some crystals and stones that we just love! Either types of stones, or particular pieces that make your heart leap (with pictures, of course)- and what they mean to you/make you feel. Feel free to post multiple times, as you remember old favorites or acquire new ones :) and let's face it, it's way too hard to pick a favorite most of the time, so don't be afraid to just share anything you like!

If there is already a thread for this I apologize :)

Onion Budgie

I own a rose quartz skull that has the most extraordinarily warm, protective, loving energy to it. Rose quartz isn't necessarily my most favourite crystal, but boy, this skull is beautiful and I love her. Her name is Lily the Pink. :D

Here is a photo -- not of Lily herself, but a photo of one from the same eBay batch that I plucked her from. The shape is the same.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Crystal-s..._RocksFossils_Minerals_EH&hash=item3cd6d46454

<3

Amsonia

Alexandrite

I have alexandrite in my wedding ring, it is rare, but it changes color depending on the light, from amethyst purple with an undertone of red to dark teal blue, I love that about it.

I just took some pictures, it is blue with the flash of the camera, purple under a regular light bulb.

I like that it changes, like me, depending on where it is. I have a geology background, so I also just like that it is a rare gem/mineral, and that it is changeable, and mysterious. I've had this ring for 16 years, and I still think it is absolutely the most beautiful ring ever! I also think it looks like a flower (the diamond) with two leaves, the alexandrites)...which also speaks to my plant love.

Attachments

• alexandrite.jpg
    alexandrite.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 147

Darkmage

I LOVE obsidian. I can't get enough of it. I've got spheres, pieces, figurines, etc, in plain black, rainbow, and snowflake. One of my favourite pieces is a tiger that's carved so that the snowflakes form the stripes.

I also love bloodstone, fluorite, and hematite. Rubies are also a favourite--I can't get enough of those. Poor quality, gem quality, lab-created--I don't care. I just love them. Sapphires, too, but I like the lab-created ones of those better because they tend to be a deep cobalt blue instead of the pale watery sky blue that natural ones often are.

I don't use crystals much but I do like having them around.

kduphily

Has to be Amethyst for me, I cant get enough of it lately, just love it

Crystalyst

I love moonstone for its beauty and energy. It helps me connect with my inner self, and I have always been fascinated by the moon. I also like aquamarines, and wearing them has helped me with the frequent travelling I have to do.

GotH

I grew up with Turqoise all around me as my dad worked for a copper mine where it was abundant in the area. I think growing up with this stone provided the foundation to my intuitive nature. I :heart: my Turquoise jewelry.

linnie

I love sooooooo many crystals... but I couldn't be without quartz (especially with rainbow inclusions, as they are pure joy and light), in many of its various configurations and shades. Nor could I be without my black petrified wood, found in only one place that I know of... a place very, very special to me...

Polar opposite- clear and filled with colourless light and, sometimes, rainbows, and dense, black and grounding .... I love them both!