The Fifth AT Deck in Progress

truelighth

Well just to be awkward, I prefer the pencil coloured one :D

I have to agree with Gregory. I also like the pencil coloured one more. It just has something. I also like the digital one, as it is different. But still prefer the pencil coloured one myself.

Anyway, Trzes, great card!!!:thumbsup:

gregory

As is dancing_moon's.

Maybe we can have both of Trzes's, as alts ?

CasCanete

Finished 5 of Swords

Thank you for the feedback on the Preliminary. Here is my final painting. I've just sent it in along with the LWB statement.

"Traditionally, this card represents defeat. But here, it is a defeat of the mind. Whether it be because of regret for overzealous actions or past mistakes, the result is loneliness. Here, a man is surrounded by swords stuck in the snow. He is caged in by the actions of his past. Whether he defeated the previous owners of the swords or came by them through other means- he has ultimately been left alone in the cold. This is a reminder to be careful of words and actions so as not to be defeated, even when we feel we have been victorious, as few things are more important than our connections with others."

So- what do you think? I've always seen the Five of Swords as the heartache of being left alone with thoughts and regrets- so I tried to represent that in my painting.

Attachments

• 5ofswords.jpg
    5ofswords.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 68

agviz

...So- what do you think? I've always seen the Five of Swords as the heartache of being left alone with thoughts and regrets- so I tried to represent that in my painting.

Oh my! It's gorgeous. You nailed the feeling of 5 of Swords perfectly. I love the color choices; cool and melancholy. Congratulations on a job well done!

Elven

So- what do you think? I've always seen the Five of Swords as the heartache of being left alone with thoughts and regrets- so I tried to represent that in my painting.

Its a beautiful representation of your art and your connection with the essence of the card - I adore the colouring, the expressions stand out so much more, the card is alive - I can feel the bitterness, and the cold of the snow. Applause!

reall

@CasCanete & agviz added!^^
thank you for beautifu cards!^^

hope you do more!^^ ;))))

Padma

Wow! Trzes, awesome concept card and write-up. I liked your pencil one especially, but both versions work for me! Cascanete, lovely painting - really conveys the 5 of Swords feeling!

@Agviz, did you do a card, too? Did I miss it :confused:

gregory

Wow! Trzes, awesome concept card and write-up. I liked your pencil one especially, but both versions work for me! Cascanete, lovely painting - really conveys the 5 of Swords feeling!

@Agviz, did you do a card, too? Did I miss it :confused:
Sun - it's in the drop box - and another I forget. ETA 2 Pents - up there a while back.

They are really classy.