Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews          Tarot Forum               Free Tarot Readings           Tarot Card Meanings

The Fifth AT Deck in Progress

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Deck Creation

Citizen

seven stars 

Well, I would love to design a simple vintage looking border if it's ok for me to do the border AND the 3 of cups. Let me know?

Here's what I'm doing so far for the 3 of cups, not finished yet. I drew it all out last night & scanned it in the computer & paintshop muck mucked.
Attached Images

Top   #71
Citizen

reall 

@7stars LUV YOUR CARD!^^ (another i want to see completed one day!^^))

we didn't decided on borders yet, but I would like to see what you have in mind!^^)
and that should not be a problem now when we know this deck wont be printed so you may draw it and suggest here, we well probably had to vote on that (and card backs) later!^^)))
Top   #72
Citizen

seven stars 

Quote:
Originally Posted by reall View Post
@7stars LUV YOUR CARD!^^ (another i want to see completed one day!^^))

we didn't decided on borders yet, but I would like to see what you have in mind!^^)
and that should not be a problem now when we know this deck wont be printed so you may draw it and suggest here, we well probably had to vote on that (and card backs) later!^^)))
Great! I'll send you some ideas.

I also have a question - how is this deck going to become available? meaning, is it going to be printed & sold? do we buy one or how do they usually do this, do the funds from the deck go to the website I'm assuming?
Top   #73
Lantern of the Goddess

Flames 

Hi seven stars,
No, the deck will not be printed. You'll find all the details in the Discussion Thread (pg.29, #287 by Solandia). Please read for more information. Thank you.

http://tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=224421&page=29
Top   #74
Citizen

seven stars 

Thanks Flame I'll read that right after I post this.

This is a super simple border with room for titles. I could design something like what I do with the Samhain decks where I draw a fancy border with lots of pix & details but then, maybe simpler is better for this particular type of deck. I just grabbed a few images to see what they'd look like, knowing people might not be finished yet....I'll post some other ideas later.
Attached Images

Top   #75
Citizen

seven stars 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames View Post
Hi seven stars,
No, the deck will not be printed. You'll find all the details in the Discussion Thread (pg.29, #287 by Solandia). Please read for more information. Thank you.

http://tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=224421&page=29
OK so what I'm getting is:

"...the completed deck will end up on display in the Projects section of Aeclectic, and will become a new deck in the Free Readings section too." ~Solandia

BUT - if we want to print out a copy for OURSELVES that's ok. right? Just NOT for sale or distribution.
Top   #76
Citizen

daphne 

Quote:
Originally Posted by seven stars View Post
Thanks Flame I'll read that right after I post this.

This is a super simple border with room for titles. I could design something like what I do with the Samhain decks where I draw a fancy border with lots of pix & details but then, maybe simpler is better for this particular type of deck. I just grabbed a few images to see what they'd look like, knowing people might not be finished yet....I'll post some other ideas later.
As the deck is so non-homogenized, I wanted to ask if having suit-coded-colored borders (like cups-blue, wands-red, air-yellow, pents-green) will not be a good idea, to give it a nice unifying feeling?
Top   #77
Citizen

daphne 

Quote:
Originally Posted by seven stars View Post
OK so what I'm getting is:

"...the completed deck will end up on display in the Projects section of Aeclectic, and will become a new deck in the Free Readings section too." ~Solandia

BUT - if we want to print out a copy for OURSELVES that's ok. right? Just NOT for sale or distribution.
Shall we please keep this subject on the general discussion thread. There is already extensive discussion there about not-printing the deck. Here is the progression thread.
Top   #78
Citizen

reall 

@7stars like ideas!^^ but this will probably be *print your own deck* so plain white or no borders will be best!^^)))
Top   #79
Citizen

seven stars 

Quote:
Originally Posted by reall View Post
@7stars like ideas!^^ but this will probably be *print your own deck* so plain white or no borders will be best!^^)))
NP =) The girl that I drew on the 3 of cups wanted one for her temple so I sent her a Deck of the Bastard & put this card in it & made her a custom back with pix of her dancing.
Attached Images

Top   #80

Elsewhere on Aeclectic Tarot
· Tarot Cards & Reviews
· Free Tarot Readings
· What's New
· Tarot Card Meanings

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2020 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.