2005 Tarot Lovers' Datebook/Diary

Major Tom

There seems to be enough interest so I am investigating the possibility of producing a tarot datebook/diary for 2005.

What would you like to see in it?

What size would you like it to be?

Would you like it bound with wire or loose leaf to fit in your existing diary binder?

What kind of paper should it be?

Assuming a one week per view format there are 104 pages just to display the days of the week. How many additional pages should focus on tarot?

How much would you be willing to pay for it?

Please consider your answers and reply with detail as to what you would like. Thanking you in advance. :)

Hedera

Ooooh, I would LOVE a loose-leafed one to fit in my binder....! :)

But the chances that it's going to be the right size etc (I have a mini-filofax) are very, very slight I'm afraid - there are so many systems and sizes around!

As for what I'd like to see in it - probably all the stuff that's on the calendar this year, perhaps minus the beautiful pictures, for size + money reasons.
A couple of daily/weekly/monthly/seasonal spreads would be good!

Paper..... not too thick (to make it fit in the filofax - I have a lot of extra notepaper etc in there!), and maybe a nice, creamy off-white?

And maybe not real color illustrations, but some nice, small, black/white pictures here and there. My current diary filling is b o r i n g. Some tarot de Marseilles reproductions perhaps? Of the ancient as well as the modern kind? ;)

Oh well, I can dream, I guess.......

I'd be willing to pay a bit more for it than I did for my current filling - although I can't remember how much that one was.
Say about U$20-25?

Mimers

Major Tom said:
There seems to be enough interest so I am investigating the possibility of producing a tarot datebook/diary for 2005.

What would you like to see in it?Articles, spreads, cards both published and or unpublished, Tarot exercises, maybe someone from the Astrology forums would be willing to create a forcast for each particular sign that could be printed at the beginning? Some blank pages for notes at the end (I usually put phone numbers here)

What size would you like it to be? Well, if we go with the looseleaf kind, you would save on binding costs, I will go to Staples and check out the dimensions there. If you go with a spiral type, I like 5" by 7", but I carry a large purse. Perhaps 3X5 would be a nice compromise?

Would you like it bound with wire or loose leaf to fit in your existing diary binder?oh, whichever is cheaper for you to make. It doesn't matter to me. What would be nice about the loose leaf is that many already own them, so of course would like to keep using them.

What kind of paper should it be? The paper you used for The Lovers Calander would probably be too thick. Could you go a little thinner for a datebook?

Assuming a one week per view format there are 104 pages just to display the days of the week. How many additional pages should focus on tarot?double that. I know that sounds like a lot, but with spreads and their instructions, pictures of cards from various decks, maybe some excercise suggestions, hopefully some horoscopes, blank note pages, 'todo' pages, etc.. it will easily add up.

How much would you be willing to pay for it? I would pay up to 40 because I realize that you are doing this in small numbers and also to raise some extra money for Aeclectic, but.....if you could keep it under 20, I bet I could get some orders from some New Age shops in the area. I could bring in the Lovers calander to give them a look at the work we have done in the past and discuss the ideas we have for the date book. Who knows, maybe we could get some preorders? A store would probably prefer a datebook bound with wire though, i have never seen a New Age store sell refills.

Please consider your answers and reply with detail as to what you would like. Thanking you in advance. :)

If you need any help, let me know.

Thank you for considering this Major Tom!

Major Tom

Thanks Hedera and Mimers. :)

So far, there's 12 people who've voted on my calendar poll that they'd like to own a tarot datebook/diary. I'm rather hoping a few more will share what they'd like to see...

Kiama

Major Tom said:

What would you like to see in it?

Well, I'm a big fan of things like the Llewellyn Magical Almanac that comes out yearly, so I'd like something like that: room for the diary, but also plenty of articles and tips, some spreads, maybe some pretty pictures of Tarot cards from different decks... I'd also like to see the Moon phase on every day. It annoys me to find only Full Moon/Half Moon/New Moon mentioned, as I like to know every day what the moon phase is.

What size would you like it to be?

A5 size, just the right size for my bag. :D

Would you like it bound with wire or loose leaf to fit in your existing diary binder?

Bound with wire I think.

What kind of paper should it be?

Uh... the cheapest option!

Assuming a one week per view format there are 104 pages just to display the days of the week. How many additional pages should focus on tarot?

Hmmm... Well, I guess it depends on how long the articles in it are, though I think I'd like at least 10 articles. (Though I must admit, this is a very personal thing... I'm just a fan of articles, but I would still buy a diary/date book that didn't have any articles.)

How much would you be willing to pay for it?

With articles, I'd be more than happy to pay £15-ish. But without articles, I'd be comfier around the £8 level...

I would really love to see a Tarot diary/datebook out there. I don't use calenders (they're not portable, I always forget to turn them over, and they can look really ugly on the wall sometimes...) But I ALWAYS carry a diary around with me, no matter where I go. I usually like a day-per-page for a diary, but I could use a Tarot diary for purely Tarot purposes, eg- appointments for readings, etc. :D

Hope this helps,

Kiama

Majecot

I did some hunting around in the stores. There are so many different sizes of daily diaries, I think a wire bound would be best. More practical.

Some pictures of the AT II project maybe??
pages for notes? some spreads, Tarot hints, like little bits of wisdom.

I love the Fools Journey on Anja's site. Maybe some web links and/or excerpts from articles.

Definately purse size and some type of closure so that it dosen't flop open. Nicely covered.

I like everybodys ideas. It will be a hard choice for you when it comes to paring it down.

:)