New Years Spread (with several decks)

FairyCrystal

I've made a spread that you can do New Year's reading with. I use 7 different decks for this, but of course you can go for less or just 1. I feel the different decks do add more depth to the reading though..*

The theme is ALWAYS a Mayor Arcana card, the other Tarot cards used always minors.

You may not have all the decks I've used, intuit which deck is best suited to replace!

I've done 4 readings with it so far, and it seems to work like a charm!*
If you can't work out what 1 card is trying to tell you, just continue the reading, because there are connections between certain cards and while continuing, you will get clarification and start to see the general theme for the reading for that particular person.*

This is the spread:

1 Theme –*Mayor Arcana
2 What works against the theme –*Tarot minor
3 What helps & stimulates the theme –*Tarot minor
4 What you got to leave behind in 2014 –*Lenormand
5 What 2015 will bring when you do leave that behind –*Lenormand
6 Most important lesson at this moment –*Ascended Masters - D. Virtue
7 Blind Spot regarding that lesson –*Ascended Masters - D. Virtue
8 Love/Relationship in 2015 –*Romance Angels
9 Work/Money in 2015 –*Lenormand
10 What is healing for you –*The Secret Language of Colour Cards by Inna Segal
11 Where you are now in your development –*Enchanted Map C. Baron-Reid
12 Advice for 2015 (general) –*Enchanted Map C. Baron-Reid
13 Spiritual development advice for 2015 –*Angel Therapy by D. Virtue

THE IDEA is that there is an arc that spans the New Year (in this case 2015). The arc starts at the end of 2014 and ends at the end of the New Year.

The cards that are opposite each other are often related, but you'll find that other cards are connected as well --> i.e. nr 3 "what enhances the theme" and nr 12 "Advice for 2015". Because some*seem*similar, I thought of removing some, but I find this way they do give far more in depth info. Esp when reading for someone you don't know, this can be very helpful in getting an accurate reading!

-----------------------12-----------13
-------------------10---- --2----3------11
----------------8-----------------------------9
--------------6---------------------------------7
-------------4------------------------------------5

Love to hear how this spread works for you!

2dogs

I like the idea of mixing decks, it lets similar cards reinforce the message, also using the deck most suitable for each position. :)

FairyCrystal

I like the idea of mixing decks, it lets similar cards reinforce the message, also using the deck most suitable for each position. :)

Yes, that's correct, and it really works very well!
Esp as some positions are similar, but that only gives more insight, and/or confirmation that you were right.
It was the first time for me to use several decks, and must say I was pleasantly surprised at how well it works!

2dogs

Using multiple decks seems to really help the message come through, for example in a recent 3 deck daily draw I got Chocolate from the Secret Language of Color Cards, totally disagreed with the Nourishing phrase and noticing it was card 13 made me think of the Tarot Death card. The Sustain Yourself Cards added Wild Woman, who looked to me like the sort who would binge on chocolate. Then I drew from the Voyager Tarot - yes, of course it was the Death card. :surprise: