Jan. 2015: Oracles Monthly Study: Readings and Draws: Animal/Native American Decks

DragonFae

Here's our January thread for draws and readings for our monthly study group....enjoy... :)

DragonFae

Jan 1st: First Draw of the New Year

Using the Medicine Cards.....

I asked ....what animal do I need to learn from, to allow to guide me in 2015.....

17 Mountain Lion

"Touch my heart with courage and then sound the alarm."
That I may lead with foresight, assurance, bright and true."

Interesting draw...not only from the perspective of our group here but for several other projects I'll be working on in 2015.

I think Mountain Lion has much to teach me. It's a card of leadership but also a card that says "lead yourself where your heart takes you."

Sometimes it amazes me how right on some draws are.... :)

2dogs

Oh you are up bright and early. :surprise:

Are there two versions of this deck with and without phrases on the cards?

2dogs

Jan 1st

It's a very good question anyway. I get very worried when asking this sort of thing that it's going to give me a totally inappropriate card and I haven't really used this deck, but I have bitten the bullet and also asked the Druid Animal Oracle ....what animal do I need to learn from, to allow to guide me in 2015..... and got Hawk.

It took me a while to work out, but I'm very happy with it now - it's encouraged me to forget struggling with the books and concentrate on just looking carefully at what's around me so I am now feeling a lot more positive about this deck and suitably motivated for the study group. :)

DragonFae

2dogs: No the verse about the animal came from the book not the card itself. :)

Awesome that you allowed Hawk to give you the message that you needed to hear. What a wonderful description you have written of the Hawk card in your deck.

I am curious as to how universal the animal messages will be among the different decks because obviously all are based on different belief systems.

In my deck: Hawk is the messenger of the sky, teaching one about dreams and teaching one how to fly. If you draw this card then right now a clue about the magic of life is being brought to you.

I think you nailed that one...your message is to trust yourself and your instincts above other things!!

GoldenWolf

January 1, 2015

40 Dolphin

At first, I thought of playfulness and navigate the waters (emotions) more easily. Then I read the guidebook which talked about the breathing pattern of Dolphin. It reminded me of a form of breath exercises I learned some years ago when I was studying tantra. I have not done them in a long time, but I remember that I felt super oxygenated after I did them. I don't reverse the cards, but I do read the reversed meaning which, if it seems to fit, typically means that I am somehow out of balance in some way. Yes, it talks about stress (which I am undergoing a lot of) and how breathing can help release that. A good lesson as I am one of those people who tends to keep spinning their wheels about a stressful situation.

DragonFae

Jan 2 Daily Draw

Owl has come to me today and there are several things he might be trying to tell me.

Owl can be about deception and I think he is telling me that in the end the truth always emerges or perhaps he is saying there is deception at play today (which would be the truth).

Owl is also about magic and he reminds me not to be drawn into situations or thoughts that drain energies from another person. There is nothing to fear in the darkness itself but it is the ways people use the darkness that can be frightening and dangerous.

2dogs

There is nothing to fear in the darkness itself but it is the ways people use the darkness that can be frightening and dangerous.

Is that a DV quote?

DragonFae

Not that I know of...unless it just stuck in my head without me knowing it...I was just expressing the fact that there is nothing to fear in the darkness of the night...but then it popped into my head that some people use darkness in ways that are not good.

2dogs

Oh, it sounded to me like something Darth Vader might have said. })

I thought I'd investigate Hawk a bit further by drawing cards from my other decks to add to my own thoughts - with rather spooky results. :bugeyed: