Chronicles of Destiny Readings for Feedback

Amanda

Closed to new sitters for now, thanks! :)

So, I thought I'd get a jump on getting to know this deck; it seems like something I might need to spend a bit more time getting to know. The first reading I have done for myself early this morning turned out to be a predictive one, and I received the accurate results of the prediction just a little bit ago, in less than a day. I don't know if this is how the deck will always work, but I'm pretty pleased with it right out of the gate. :D

I need 3 volunteers to allow me to do a basic "Story" reading spread -- this isn't as fancy as it sounds, but I don't really need a question. The first card gives me the "theme" or what is to be discussed, and 3 more cards give me the sequence of events. I'll be needing your feedback to help me learn this deck better! :)

Sitters:
1. Goddessofthehunter - Reading posted, fb received, thanks!
2. MandMaud - Reading posted, fb received, thanks!
3. Kittysashimi - Reading posted, fb received, thanks!

GotH

Exciting! Can I be one of your guinnea pigs? ;)

Looking fwd to what comes up.. Thanks!

MandMaud

Me please! :grin:

Kittysashimi

I would love to sit!

Amanda

Exciting! Can I be one of your guinnea pigs? ;)

Looking fwd to what comes up.. Thanks!

Okay, let's see how badly I botch this up! :D I will try my best...

1. Theme: #36 Kissed
2. #51 The Butterfly Queen
3. # 29 The Gatekeeper
4. #6 The Call

Well, well, well. Is someone getting kissed at midnight tonight? :D Kissed has to do with Love and Romance. The Butterfly Queen is a card that came up in my reading and ended up having to do with my New Year's plans this evening -- it is a card about the "winds of change" which certainly would have to do with this evening's festivities I believe, with the year changing to a new one and all. The Gatekeeper is a better card to follow more negative cards, but that doesn't mean it is negative here, since Kissed is the theme... it gives me the sense that once the year changes over and you get your kiss or whatever :D, then perhaps you will be making a lucky escape from the festivities. The Call is a proposal or invitation that prompts you to act. I believe that someone will be opening the door for you, maybe quite literally as well as figuratively, and invite you to escape with them after the ball drops. However, The Butterfly Queen I noticed made me think of my best friend who is and always has been the social butterfly type of all of us, and so perhaps that is also saying something about you -- and perhaps you will be the one sending out a "call" to be invited to escape. In the story, the butterfly queen alludes to there being "more to come" -- and so -you playful tease- :D I bet there is more where that kiss came from. :p

That's what I see! I promise I don't see any more than that (and I don't want to!). :laugh: :D

Amanda

Me please! :grin:

Okay, let's see! :D

1. Theme: #55 Lady Spring
2. #41 Conflict
3. #6 The Call
4. #22 The Masquerade

Lady Spring is secondarily a timing card, but primarily represents "new beginnings" and is a "supporting cast member" in this deck so my feelings are that this is an actual person. I wonder if this is a friend or some other peripheral kind of person you know with a birthday in the Spring months -- March, April, or May -- just guessing on the birthday thing. But I do feel it is a person. Conflict might suggest that there is some kind of issue with getting together -- The Call (again, I think this deck really wants to make sure I understand this card... lol) is a proposal or invitation -- it actually represented a phone call in my reading. But there is some kind of difficulty with 'the call' coming through because of the Conflict card preceding it. I can't help but to think that this also has something to do with NYE plans? The Masquerade is a picture of people at a masquerade party and speaks of wine goblets and cloudy thinking (too much to drink, perhaps?) Maybe the conflict lies with not wanting to go do excessive drinking with this person...

Amanda

I would love to sit!

Well, I'm definitely starting to think that this deck is walking me through how to use it, because I promise you, I'm shuffling -- I keep getting a string of cards that connect each of you, and all these readings seem to be about NYE. :D

1. Theme: #55 Lady Spring
2. #25 Downfall
3. #8 The Elder
4. #34 Interlude

I'm actually thinking that Lady Spring is representing you as a young person... because The Elder is either an older person, or someone that is mature and wise. In the layout, Lady Spring is at the top and the 3 cards fall directly below, the Elder is directly below that with no other person to mirror off of. Downfall actually doesn't look like that bad of a card here... it shows a lady tossing away pages of writing she has set on fire, like she's tossed away a story she wrote that she now finds rubbish. So I'm picking up on more of the "feeling spent" or "letting go" vibe that this card is giving for you. The Elder suggests that you might rather not involve yourself with typical festivities for this NYE evening as you may have in the past or as people you're age might still be doing, and Interlude supports this as a quiet night in... it is a pause in action and taking 'time out'.

GotH

Okay, let's see how badly I botch this up! :D I will try my best...

1. Theme: #36 Kissed
2. #51 The Butterfly Queen
3. # 29 The Gatekeeper
4. #6 The Call

Well, well, well. Is someone getting kissed at midnight tonight? :D Kissed has to do with Love and Romance. The Butterfly Queen is a card that came up in my reading and ended up having to do with my New Year's plans this evening -- it is a card about the "winds of change" which certainly would have to do with this evening's festivities I believe, with the year changing to a new one and all. The Gatekeeper is a better card to follow more negative cards, but that doesn't mean it is negative here, since Kissed is the theme... it gives me the sense that once the year changes over and you get your kiss or whatever :D, then perhaps you will be making a lucky escape from the festivities. The Call is a proposal or invitation that prompts you to act. I believe that someone will be opening the door for you, maybe quite literally as well as figuratively, and invite you to escape with them after the ball drops. However, The Butterfly Queen I noticed made me think of my best friend who is and always has been the social butterfly type of all of us, and so perhaps that is also saying something about you -- and perhaps you will be the one sending out a "call" to be invited to escape. In the story, the butterfly queen alludes to there being "more to come" -- and so -you playful tease- :D I bet there is more where that kiss came from. :p

That's what I see! I promise I don't see any more than that (and I don't want to!). :laugh: :D
Yeah baby your tone sounds a bit rated R-ish. ;) I like it. But here's the dealio.. I don't have any kind of plans tonight (at least not yet) that would require me to shave my legs if ya know what I mean. But that's okay because maybe the cards are pointing to something further into the future. I can wait for that perfect kiss that brings the queen some butterflies. :D I talk about butterflies quite a bit actually so this reading makes me a bit excited.

I love this reading. I'm going to send it off to the universe and wait for it to manifest. When it does, I'm going to come back with full feedback. That is unless it all happens tonight with a :*.

Thanks Amanda, hope you enjoy your new Oracle..
Happy New Year!!!

Amanda

Thanks Goth! Perhaps it does happen sometime soon after tonight, if not exactly right after midnight? Still not sure on my depth perception here with these cards, but the 3 cards after the theme are supposed to be read sequentially, like turning the pages of a book... so it would be The Butterfly Queen and then The Gatekeeper and then, finally The Call. You're really not supposed to blend them too much, like you can do with tarot... they're structured a little more like Lenormand, but again not exactly because two cards together don't necessarily make up one clear meaning. You know how with Lenormand you can put two cards together and come up with a single, clear, straight-forward meaning as in a word? Well these cards are like that, but the meaning is felt more as an essence, rather than a clear word coming to mind... but it's still different than tarot, without so many different shades of meaning it could be. (That all makes sense in my head.. probably not articulating it well..lol!)

In any case, I do believe NYE is being referenced by The Butterfly Queen, then The Gatekeeper unlocks things, allowing one to 'escape' or leave. Then The Call is... a call. LOL And this all has to do with Love and Romance because of Kissed.

I have to get ready myself to take the family to a friend's house, but I will try to come back here later tonight/tomorrow and do some scans of the book with your cards for you. It shows the card, the short "moral of the story" description of each card, the story lines for each card, and the meanings suggested for each card. And then maybe you can help me sort it out.

In my spread I did early this morning, I got: Theme: The Call, The Fellowship, Forest Labyrinth, and The Butterfly Queen. So mine was all about a proposal or invitation -- I was like, "What?" trying to figure this out... The Fellowship has to do with friends or people that support you, and it was reflecting off of The Butterfly Queen... pointing to a particular one -- but I haven't talked to my BFF in so long, I really didn't think she would just call me out of nowhere and invite me over for NYE tonight... but that's what she did! Forest Labyrinth reminds me of the 8 of Cups. Shows the back of a woman heading into unknown territory, and it is a card about a decision being required, considering options and making a choice. So basically... one of my friends (Fellowship), in particular my best friend (Butterfly Queen) was going to be calling and inviting me to make the decision to come over (Forest Labyrinth) to celebrate the new year (Butterfly Queen), and after I decided to go and accepted her invitation, this reading "hit" me... as DUH! :D

Anyway, keep your eyes open and let me know if anything changes! I'll be back with more information on the cards for you later.. :)

GotH

Will do! Thanks..

This deck sounds amazing!

:thumbsup: