New 'Hallowquest' course book for the Arthurian?

inanna_tarot

Hi all :)

I was wondering if anyone has seen the new course book for the Arthurian tarot? I've just come across it on ebay and I'm wondering if its the same as the old course (which I have done and have) or whether its something new and improved? I know on the box it says that, but I was wondering if any ATers have actually seen it?

PathWalker

Not yet. It comes in the newly released set - apparently the deck has been printed again with black borders, and the course material has been "tightened up " is how Caitlin described in, and added into the book that goes with the deck.

It's only just released - beginning December - and so I haven't seen it yet. Certainly Caitlin suggested you'd be "doing the quest again" if you had done it before with the older books.

She wrote about it briefly before the launch party, on facebook. I'm not sure if she's mentioned it on her blog at all?

best wishes
Pathwalker

PathWalker

Via facebook - when answering questions about the launch - John wrote

Quite a bit of revision. Also includes the latest booklet written to go with the last reprint of the cards. But the shape of the year work is essentially the same.

Afraid it comes as a boxed set. But the new design is great and maybe it's useful to have a spare set of cards!

Caitlin wrote -

The Arthurian Tarot Course accompanying this reprint has been entirely remastered and tightened, but the old quest hasn't changed.

Hope this helps

BlueDragonfly

Just checked on US Amazon. The release date here is March 1st. I haven't done the study yet, so maybe......and yes, it would be nice to have a back up.

Talked myself right into it! :D

Shade

Hmmmmm I have the two previous books but I did fall off in the Spring when I did the course. Could give it one more good old fashioned college try.

inanna_tarot

ooohh will check out the group :)

I only ask because I saw the new course book and deck already for sale on Ebay and I was like oooooh I wonder if anyone has done any reviews or got it and compared it yet?

Bookwight

I already have two versions of this book (the original Tarot Course, 1993, and the combined reprint of Hallowquest and Course, 1997), so I really don’t need this new version.

…But we wants it, precioussss. But we can’t afford to buy books we already own, precioussss. Gah! Shut up, both of you. :joke:

Pathwalker, I’ve read some of your contributions to the study group, and you are an inspiration. I’ve started the course at least three times, maybe more, but I’ve always fallen off the wagon. Maybe I should follow your example and give myself permission to start and stop as and when time permits — or, to be honest, as my time management skills permit.

PathWalker

Nice to meet you bookwight, and I hear just those same voices! I have several copies of the deck, becuase I do actually work with them, so one is complete, one is divided into majors, courts, minors, one is divided into suits for the course work. I so don't need another. And the course books, yes have all sorts of versions of books too - but......

Haven't caved yet! 'laughs'

Drop in the course threads any time you like, do it in whatever order works for you. It's about being on the quest, not achieving someone else's goal. You'll be welcome whenever.

Pathwalker

Morwenna

I have the deck and its original companion book from a zillion years ago, and the Hallowquest book, and the course book, but the trouble was that after the move 17 years ago I never had all the books in the same place at the same time. And I still don't; the course book which I couldn't find for years has now surfaced but the other two ended up in storage; go figure. So maybe I need to get this new set after all! :D