The Earthair Tarot

earthair

Only just seen this thread myself!

...and am I allowed to say my own deck?! which I created for faceless, reduced to elements Courts, precisely because I can't stand the expressions on many court faces, and courts aren't always people in readings.

MandMaud

...and am I allowed to say my own deck?! which I created for faceless, reduced to elements Courts, precisely because I can't stand the expressions on many court faces, and courts aren't always people in readings.

Which is your own deck? (Can't see it mentioned on your profile.)

magpie9

EArthair,sorry. I looked at the deck but coudn't really see any of the cards and so have no opinion. Can you make the cards larger so we can see them and hopefully fall in love? Your courts may be the greatest.....but who can tell at this point?

earthair

If you want to see them bigger, click on 'View larger images'.
The courts in my deck are very different to any other deck, because it's possible to have more than one of each court, and each court is made up of 2 cards- one shows the rank and one shows the suit. They are the ones in the spread photos which look like 8 pointed stars. If you buy the deck, you get the download of how to use it, along with divination meanings of the Majors.

My deck isn't supposed to replace or be anyone's one and only deck, I designed it to show hidden information which can't be easily seen or shown by regular decks. Although I like using it on its own, especially in large spreads (and I'm sure most TdM readers will easily understand how to use it) I'm hoping people will also use it alongside their regular reading deck. This is why I have stripped back the courts and pips to 'core essence', so that anyone from any tradition, be it Thoth, RWS, modern or TdM, can use it.

I doubt anyone is going to say 'wow those are the best looking courts I've ever seen', well maybe :joke:, but hopefully people will start reading courts very differently... they are certainly a lot more fun to deal out and work with because they're so hands on, you literally create them, and I've tried to make the colours as primal as possible so you get a sense of the character, even though readers are going to have to engage brain a bit when learning the system at first!

Le Fanu

Gosh, I can't even make out which cards are courts. In fact, I can't identify any tarot card. Do they have titles? Am I in fact looking at the right deck? Nice photography but how do we know which card is which? I saw flowers, leaves, a clock, some pebbles, an egg... :bugeyed:

earthair

Le Fanu- yes you're looking at the right deck :)
It's all explained in the downloads ;) Court cards are the stacks of 2 cards, one on top of each other which look like 8 pointed stars.

It's a fairly traditional major arcana- that egg is 'Strength' - look at the photo of 5x5 starting and ending with the copyright and logo cards, these are your standard majors in sequence L to R, top to bottom, with the addition of Time as the last one.

Le Fanu

For some reason, on my computer, when I view the enlarged versions, I only get half of the bigger picture, the upper half. Must be my computer. So I saw what must be Pentacles and Clouds/Air which must be Earth and Air, respectively. Now it makes sense. There should be a means of being able to lindividually label the pictures on the site.

Alta

Hi earthair, to add it to your Profile (so it is easily visible), put it under your HomePage in UserCP >> Edit Details, then when anyone clicks your name a drop-down menu will show as one option "earthair's HomePage".

Alta

MandMaud

Thanks for reminding me to add to it my profile! Here's the link:

https://www.thegamecrafter.com/games/earthair-tarot

Oooh... looks like fun. For the part of my brain that does the maths when knitting. :p
(The same brain part that enjoys dabbling in TdM!)

Would it be possible to make the method downloadable without purchase? I don't know how typical I am, but I usually look at instructions to get a feel for what it's like using something, before deciding about buying. Just a thought. :) A bit like getting an idea of what a board game will be like, when it's not possible to play it at someone else's house.