Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

Card meanings different in this deck...

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot Special Interest > Tarot Study Groups > Individual Deck Studies > Tarot of the Old Path

Resident

MysticB77 
Resident

Card meanings different in this deck...

Hello I am new here and have been scrolling through and reading posts. I have a few questions though I am unsure as to whether anyone is using this section. I saw a post stating that Pentacles in this deck means Earth. My question is, where's might I find this I to to study? I realize all decks have different imagery and people interpret things differently but I would like to be able to study as much as I can on this deck. Thank you
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #1
Citizen

Chrystella 
Citizen

Pentacles are typically associated with Earth in occult and tarot usage. This applies to the Tarot of the Old Path, which is a Pagan-flavoured deck. Just about any contemporary book on Wicca or the elements will explain the association as will many tarot books by writers such as Greer and Pollack. You could also review Golden Dawn materials.

In "Magick, Liber ABA, Book 4", Crowley says:

Quote:
There is, therefore, nothing movable or immovable under the whole firmament of heaven which is not included in this pantacle, though it be but 'eight inches in diameter, and in thickness half an inch.' Fire is not matter at all; water is a combination of elements; air almost entirely a mixture of elements; earth contains all both in admixture and in combination. So must it be with this Pantacle, the symbol of earth.
I hope that helps.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #2
Resident

MysticB77 
Resident

Yes thank you

Yes this does help thank you. I have recently started studying to take a new approach to reading tarot. Originally I made the typical mistake of trying to memorize the cards. Now though I have decided to study the numerology and color aspects. I have always been good with both. So I am taking what I know are my stronger points and learning more how they relate to tarot and taking that approach. This deck was gifted to me by a friend. I am very eclectic so this deck being of mixed traditions is perfect for me. I found that reading the info in the booklet I could not easily see it in the imagery. Now that I am studying and taking the numerology and colors approach I can see the connections more clearly. Thank you for the response as I was unsure if this decks meaning were far off from others.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #3
sporadic magic

Debra 
sporadic magic

Hi MysticB77--The Old Path is a really nice deck, I think, but the color symbolism is not strong.
Here is an interesting thread on the flower and plant symbolism: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=13701
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #4
Resident

MysticB77 
Resident

I noticed

Yes I did notice the coloring is not as bright and prominent on this deck as it is on others. Flowers was actually my next direction of study after reading more about this deck and the creators flower dedication. Thank you for the link, very helpful.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #5

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.