Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Books Free Tarot Readings Forum Community What's New

Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Books & Media

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your Tarot cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot lovers, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post your thoughts, share readings, search, save threads, view extra boards and more.

post a reply

divinerguy 
Citizen

Orphalese Tarot Software

I just downloaded the Orphalese Tarot. It's a program that you can try out first. Its $12.95 USD.

Its different, because it has no pre-determined card meanings. Lots of options, and worth a try.

Divinerguy

Old 16-07-2002 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #1
Alta 
Golden Silvery Dionna

could you post the url?
Alta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2002 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #2
Lee 
Citizen

Click here for the Orphalese Tarot website.

Also check out Mark McElroy's review of it.

-- Lee
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2002 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #3
Liliana 
Citizen

I want this so much, but it doesnt run on Linux. Im hoping Ill be able to get it once I change my system to Lindows (Linux and Windows together type environment) once its realesed in a couple months.

If you keep your deck in a Crown Royal bag (or a Jack Daniels Tin ;) ), you might be a redneck Tarot Reader

***I don't have to understand your beliefs to accept them, and I don't have to like you to love you.***
Liliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2002 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #4
divinerguy 
Citizen

I have been trying out this software.

I added some extra decks from the www.tarot.com website, so I can read with decks of my choosing.

I thought it qwould be a big production, but I added two decks in about 15 minutes.

Divinerguy

Old 17-07-2002 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #5
squigglywiggly 

Quote:
Originally posted by Liliana
I want this so much, but it doesnt run on Linux. Im hoping Ill be able to get it once I change my system to Lindows (Linux and Windows together type environment) once its realesed in a couple months.

What is this Linux thing of which you speak?
squigglywiggly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2002 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #6
jmd 
fourhares

Linux is just an O/S (operating system), amongst numerous, through which a user interects with a computer.

Though Microsoft's Windows appears to remain the most common, it is not the O/S of choice for many of us - despite its brilliance.
jmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2002 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #7
the hermit 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally posted by jmd
Linux is just an O/S (operating system), amongst numerous, through which a user interacts with a computer.

Though Microsoft's Windows appears to remain the most common, it is not the O/S of choice for many of us - despite its brilliance.
It's also a free version (the code is public domain and therefore distributable without all of that nasty copy write law) of the Unix operating system. Unix (and Linux) is often used as the base operating system on servers and other more industrial strength type computers. It's much more robust and crash resistant than Windows of any flavor (but the 'for sale' version is also much more expensive). It is also easier to recover when it does crash. It has true multithreaded, multitasking capabilities (it can handle more things simultaneously... and better… than any windows flavor) which allows for bigger, better, faster, more efficient computers. The latest Macintosh OS, OS X, is based on Linux.
the hermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2002 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #8
Liliana 
Citizen

Actually I use Linux Mandrake, bought for a big 25 bucks at Walmart, much cheaper than Windows.

My computer decided it didnt want to run Windows anymore, I think a bit of the Hard disk is damaged and Windows i very specific about where it wants to put things, but Linux you can make put things about anywher. Not that I know a thing about that, thats what the husband is for

If you keep your deck in a Crown Royal bag (or a Jack Daniels Tin ;) ), you might be a redneck Tarot Reader

***I don't have to understand your beliefs to accept them, and I don't have to like you to love you.***
Liliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2002 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #9
emily2otters 
Citizen

orphalese tarot shareware

who's got orphalese? how do you like it?

www.orphalese.com
(click on "tarot")

i just downloaded it a few days ago, and i can't get enough! i thought it would just be for those times when i needed a quick answer and didn't have time to dig for my deck, but i've been using it for extensive and detailed readings, and it's a very powerful tool.

perk: it's got a downloadable version of the mary-el majors (www.mary-el.com), as well as other pre-published decks, so you can play around with them and get to know them before they even hit the market. i've also used it to work with the soul cards (www.touchdrawing.com), though i haven't worked out all the kinks with that process yet.

very fun! very recommended!

Old 20-11-2002 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #10
  post a reply

Latest Threads in Tarot Decks

Latest Threads in Talking Tarot

Latest Threads in Using Tarot Cards

Go ad-free and support us too - upgrade your account to subscriber today