Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Live Tarot Readings Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

Tyldwick - general discussion

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot Special Interest > Tarot Study Groups > Individual Deck Studies > Tyldwick Tarot

Citizen

Hemera 
Citizen
Tyldwick - general discussion

I had this deck about a year ago but I traded it away. After having read some of these excellent Study group threads (thank you BodhiSeed and others ) I re-purchased this deck and Iīm so happy that I did! (I donīt know what I was thinking when I traded my first copy away )

Anyway, I have a question about the gilt edges. The gilt looks durable but does it wear much in use? How do you shuffle the deck so as not to harm the gilt edges? I usually riffle shuffle most decks but somehow I donīt think that is a good idea with this one.
Top   #1
Citizen

jolie_amethyst 
Citizen

Hemera, regarding the gilt--my deck passed through four owners before it reached its final home here with me. As such, it probably has a little more than the usual wear on it, and judging by the condition of mine, the gilt is fragile. It's the one thing I don't like about this deck. Mine does have tiny chips in the gilt on most of the cards, though there's virtually no wear to the laminate. They're not huge by any stretch, but they're just visible enough and there's just enough of them to bug me a bit, tiny flashes of bright white cardstock on a deck that has nothing but muted tones.

I'm toying with the idea of periodically touching up the edges with a dark color (or three) Brilliance ink pad. This won't sink in where there's laminate or gilt, but anywhere the cardstock is exposed, it can absorb the ink. Eventually, there would be something of a mottled, aged effect on the sides of the deck, especially with multiple colors. And that, to me, might be more appropriate than the current bright gold finish, which doesn't seem to match the broody, haunting feel of the deck at all. Putting such a "tarnish" on it just might make me feel a little better about handling it regularly.

Meanwhile, I overhand shuffle gently. On the plus side, the deck does shuffle like an absolute dream!
Top   #2

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.