Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

Duck Soup Decks

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Deck Creation

Citizen

Freder 
Citizen

Meanwhile...

Alison Cross was nice enough to interview me around THE TRAGICALLY COMIC OR COMICALLY TRAGIC TAROT OF MISTER PUNCH deck at her Game of Tarot Thrones website! Check it out!

http://www.tarot-thrones.com/2015/06...unch-doug.html
www.tarotbyducksoup.com
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #41
Citizen

Nemia 
Citizen

I'll add pictures later ;-) and the new deck interview spread I plan to do later in the day.

Your Circus Mägi is very well known and celebrated, I think. But the Lombardi Danneggiato is new and so doesn't have a cult following - yet.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #42
Resident

Tanya Bond 
Resident

gorgeous decks, love your style!
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #43
Citizen

EmpressArwen 
Citizen

I just found this deck the other day online...I'm saving my pennies because its the most fantastic thing I've seen in a long time. I LOVE it.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #44
Citizen

Freder 
Citizen

Big Changes for The Brownies

As I was working on this project, I felt more and more that the standard poker-size deck was just too small to accommodate Palmer Cox's insanely detailed artwork. So, I'm changing the whole concept.

The main deck will now be made up of "jumbo" sized cards -- 3.5" x 5.5" -- that will allow me to present the art at least 30% larger than on regular cards. It makes a noticeable difference.

The "proverbs" cards will remain poker-sized cards: meaning that this will actually be a two-deck set, both decks fitting into a single jumbo box with a booklet.

And now that I've worked on it a little, my new goal is to have 60 jumbo-sized cards in the main oracle. and 20 poker-sized cards in the proverbs deck. I think this is attainable -- whether or not it will be affordable is anyone's guess.... hopefully it will stay in line with the range of my full-size tarot decks, but I won't know until I actually finish the art and do the prototype. I'm a little nervous about this, because I know my decks are pricier than the mass-produced ones.

All the details are at the Brownies Oracle mini-site: http://brownies.tarotbyducksoup.com

www.tarotbyducksoup.com
www.ducksoup.me
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #45
Citizen

Sar 
Citizen

I am curious about the OZ deck. I think I "need" it very soon.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #46
Citizen

Le Fanu 
Citizen

I have just ordered two copies of the Mister Punch Tarot + pouch.

This deck has haunted me for a while. I can't stop thinking about it and I keep coming back to look at it. I think it is one of the most extraordinary tarot decks ever - and I have thrown caution to the wind - that fear of Customs charges which might double the price. I wanted one of the mats too but had to control myself.

I opted for a custom-made back - type B on the site- but there wasn't any moment during the ordering process when I could say "I want my decks to have the B backs!" Do you get in touch with purchasers afterwards to find out which custom back they want?

It is such a wonderful deck - I am very controlled over what I buy now regarding self-published decks - but this one is just too magical to let slip by. And I love the Golliwog & Zirkus Magi. I love everything you do... This one - with its hook-nosed, eerie Victorian stage set dolly creepiness - has me spellbound.

Please do whatever you can to ensure it comes quickly and hassle-free
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #47
Citizen

Le Fanu 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Fanu View Post
Please do whatever you can to ensure it comes quickly and hassle-free
And it did! It was waiting for me when I arrived home today. My goodness, it is the strangest, most exquisite deck. Victorian grotesquerie in all its glory. I need a few days to absorb it and post again.

Thank you for these extraordinary, inventive decks you do! There is nothing else like them in the tarot field. I really share your aesthetic and sensibility. This is soooo up my street...
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #48
Citizen

AJ 
Citizen

hanging tight for the Brownies!
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #49
Reader

prudence 
Reader

Le Fanu, I'm very jealous of you at the moment. The scans do look so perfect and I love your description of Victorian grotesquerie.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #50

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.